When you rent a snowmobile accomodation what are you looking for?

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
List what everyone wants in a snowmobile accommodation? And whats the most important?

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wifi, easy breakfast, optional bag lunch, big parking lot.
A fun place for socializing.

Turts, typing on

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
  • Customer service! None of the following is worth anything without it.
  • Hot showers
  • Somewhere to hang out (Peaks has a great setup with a common area between rooms for large groups)
  • Walking distance to restaurant/pub - part of the accommodations is even better
  • Parking
  • Security would be nice
  • Hot tub would be nice but I'm never sure about maintenance and water quality
  • Sledding specific options such as packed lunch, laundry facilities (for base layers), etc.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A drying room is nice

This.

To be honest of all the places I've stayed, Peaks wins it for me. There may be nicer beds somewhere else, or more modern interiors but Peaks you get:

-Atmosphere, Between sled vids always on the TVs to BSing about em' in the compound, this is a Sled joint for sure!
-Trail up from the Hotel, While trailering in your $60k Trailer is nice, nothing beats being able to walk to your sled from the hotel, start it and go down the trail :)
-Great Food, Gus the Chef is amazing, as simple as that
-Hot Tubs, I see the owners always taking care and monitoring these things so I feel safe using them
-Great security
-Lots of parking for big rigs
-fuel on site, may not be as cheap as in town, but for not having to hassle loading up everyday, I'm not complaining
-An awesome Drying Room, Your stuff is not just dry its Hot! and ready to go the next AM

These are just a couple things i've Noticed at peaks, but its great to know that it just gets better and better each year :)

Now seeing as this was started by mansion on main (where i've stayed as well) Its a slightly different set up (no staff) but I still enjoyed it. A drying system would be awesome there, The hot tub could be cleaner (not saying it was dirty, just "felt" dirty) But other than that, its a great set up, great security, parking with that back alley is a bit of a hassle with a big trailer, but thats not really avoidable. Close walking distance to everything is nice too! Great lounging area to hang out with the guys, I would modify the kitchen layout a bit, to give more counter space and maybe a larger "bar" sitting area. But overall still a great experience in my mind. Although mountain haven has breakfast that i dont think can be beat :) HeyJude wins that category hands down haha

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the input. My wife and I own the Mansion on Main in McBride B.C. We are striving to be the best accommodation in McBride that serves to the needs of its customers. I am a avid sledder myself and have travelled all over B.C sledding. We took ideas from everywhere we have been and made our accommodation what we feel is the sledders perfect get away. Most sled groups travel in 4 or 5`s. depending upon their trailer. We have 5 separate beds so no one has to cuddle up to there buddy and yet we can sleep 3 couples very comfortable. We are right on main street Mcbride so all services are minutes from the door step. We have furnished the house with Rustic locally built furniture to add that cozy feeling with tonnes of space to relax. The accommodation is a total of 1100 square feet, with 3 large bedrooms. Once again I appreciate all the feedback of what YOU the sleder wants in a place to stay while out enjoying the mountain snow. You can check out the mansion more specifically by checking out our website that's in the signature. Ive added comments in bold to some of your wants. Thanks, Jay
  • Customer service! None of the following is worth anything without it. A phone call and 5 minutes away. We even set up a xmas tree and decorated for a family for xmas.
  • Hot showers. We installed the biggest residential water heater we could get.
  • Somewhere to hang out (Peaks has a great setup with a common area between rooms for large groups) Entertainment room has a large sofa with a sectional aswell. 46" big screen with satellite and DVD. We had 11 people watching the playoffs one night all comfortable.
  • Walking distance to restaurant/pub - part of the accommodations is even better. Across the street is a restaurant that is open for breakfast and till after the evening dinner rush. 2 doors down is the AG foods that is open from 6:00 am till 6:00 pm. They also will make bag lunches if you put in your request the night before. 2 blocks to the bar.
  • Parking
  • Security would be nice. We have a 50 x 60 foot phoenix fence parking compound that we have put 3 enclosed trailers and trucks in. You can lock the gate and feel a lot safer. Its the backyard of the accommodation.
  • Hot tub would be nice but I'm never sure about maintenance and water quality. 6 man hot tub that is exclusively yours. Maintained stringently by my anal father in law. 5 steps out the back door of the accommodation.
  • Sledding specific options such as packed lunch, laundry facilities (for base layers), etc. Custom drying rack and hanger system to dry all your sledding gear for the next day. Boot dryers and full laundry in suite. Full kitchen to prepare meals or lunches for next day. BBQ out back

Last edited:

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This.

To be honest of all the places I've stayed, Peaks wins it for me. There may be nicer beds somewhere else, or more modern interiors but Peaks you get:

-Atmosphere, Between sled vids always on the TVs to BSing about em' in the compound, this is a Sled joint for sure!
-Trail up from the Hotel, While trailering in your $60k Trailer is nice, nothing beats being able to walk to your sled from the hotel, start it and go down the trail :)
-Great Food, Gus the Chef is amazing, as simple as that
-Hot Tubs, I see the owners always taking care and monitoring these things so I feel safe using them
-Great security
-Lots of parking for big rigs
-fuel on site, may not be as cheap as in town, but for not having to hassle loading up everyday, I'm not complaining
-An awesome Drying Room, Your stuff is not just dry its Hot! and ready to go the next AM

These are just a couple things i've Noticed at peaks, but its great to know that it just gets better and better each year :)

Now seeing as this was started by mansion on main (where i've stayed as well) Its a slightly different set up (no staff) but I still enjoyed it. A drying system would be awesome there, The hot tub could be cleaner (not saying it was dirty, just "felt" dirty) But other than that, its a great set up, great security, parking with that back alley is a bit of a hassle with a big trailer, but thats not really avoidable. Close walking distance to everything is nice too! Great lounging area to hang out with the guys, I would modify the kitchen layout a bit, to give more counter space and maybe a larger "bar" sitting area. But overall still a great experience in my mind. Although mountain haven has breakfast that i dont think can be beat :) HeyJude wins that category hands down haha
Thanks for the feedback Maresnow. We are always striving to get better. I really appreciate the feedback ! I keep hearing about Judy`s cooking. Im gonna have to invite myself over there one of these nights and see for myself..lol

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Maresnow. We are always striving to get better. I really appreciate the feedback ! I keep hearing about Judy`s cooking. Im gonna have to invite myself over there one of these nights and see for myself..lol

You're welcome! For the style of accommodation you guys have, I Dont think there is much you can improve on. You can see there is great care put in to maintain the place, and hanging with your buddies in your own place is hard to beat for sure! Thank you for keeping up the great work! and I would say to anyone on here, if you want an exclusive place to yourself with your buds, Mansion on Main is hard to beat!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This may be kinda what you are looking for, however it is not alpine, but lots of great riding
athabasca-river.com
Am I misunderstanding something here,this post doesn't seem to fit?? Mayby you would like to become a vender on here?

WeDIGsledders

Reaction score
For those of you that are headed for Golden BC and looking for Solitude, full kitchen including dishwasher, accommodation for 6 (1 bedroom with queen bed) (loft with queen bed and 2 twin beds), cell service finally, WIFI, satellite tv, all kitchen amenities we are renting out our chalets on a monthly basis. Located 27km east of Golden on the western border of Yoho National Park down beside the river. Renting for $1200.00 per month including utilities or $1500.00 per month with weekly cleaning and linen change.

Check us out at Kicking Horse River Chalets: Golden, BC or give Jack or Kim a buzz at 250-344-4775

trhaus

Reaction score
As a guy who has had his truck stolen twice this year, security is a must not just cameras becuase lets face it they suck and they are only slightly useful to the cops to tell when the vehicle went missing. gated fenced yards where the criminals have to work for your stuff is the way to go.
friendly staff who actually care about your holiday.
it is nice to have food on site but nearby is ok too.
drying room/hooks in room for drying.
joining rooms/ 4-5 man group rooms (typical group)
decent tv's sorrry but i wanna watch all the footage me and my riding group took that day and it would be nice if the tv in the room was capable.
its ideal to ride right from the hotel but when riding multiple areas that only a dream.
a warm shop to work in.
hot tub/sauna.
hot showers

Top Bottom