When was the last time anyone was to Ruby Falls

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was wondering when the last time anyone was to the falls, can you still make the trip from the green bridge to Ruby? We were planning for next weekend, how much riding from the green bridge remains due to mining? Any info is appreciated, thx.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful info, guess I should have started some useless thread

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see you didn't get a response. Probably too late now but what is this green bridge you speak of? I've heard it mentioned before but am unsure of which bridge this might be.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Thats the spirit........ I personally can't recall ever being passed an alleged green bridge. Ruby Falls is a unicorn.

Thanks for the helpful info, guess I should have started some useless thread

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends where you start from?? If you camp at the Steeper Air Strip near the McLoed River / Hwy 40 (Green ?? Bridge No 1) or you start from the Grave Flats area and go South past Muskiki Lake (Bridge No 2). Color unknown to me.

See the 2 attachments.

Bruce.

Attachments

• Bridge 1.JPG
    Bridge 1.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 282
  • Bridge 2 G F.JPG
    Bridge 2 G F.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 283

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bridge is the one that crosses the Macleod River north of Cadomin, near the gravel pit. Rode to the unicorn Ruby Falls this weekend, never disappointed. I was in search of any info as I had not been able to get there the past couple seasons. Only one comment though, pack out your fricken garbage, talked with a couple fish and wildlife officers that told me bluntly that if the users don't respect the area and stay riding where permitted then closures will start. Btw, crossed over the washout to the other side on the way to box canyon came across a smouldering campfire that was abandoned, we put it out but come on, I can honestly say it wasn't quaders as we saw a car driving down the road coming from the Cadomin way. Hope to continue enjoying the area for years to come.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive camped at the green bridge crossing the macleod,i want to do ruby falls next year how did you proceed from there did you just ride down the road or is there a trail from there?

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive camped at the green bridge crossing the macleod,i want to do ruby falls next year how did you proceed from there did you just ride down the road or is there a trail from there?
.justat the top te ll befoe the green sepers bridge is a road heading south...go down it..ro 0 km till he indi grave..the are is called grave flats...turn right.go aro2-3km.camping is everywhere...th is a trail at crosses the creek that is the one more details to follow if needed

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a trail I am told about 9km south, but not exactly sure of where it starts, just have to explore, more adventure

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Attached is a JPEG (map), if yo go South from the Grave Flat's area, past the Muskiki Lake, there is a trail that goes Right (West), that will join into a trail that will go to the North to reach Ruby Creek.

Bruce.

Attachments

• Two ways to Ruby Falls..jpg
    Two ways to Ruby Falls..jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 180

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a trail I am told about 9km south, but not exactly sure of where it starts, just have to explore, more adventure

if u leave from the green bridge n go into Ruby Falls ( what the hell is the unicorn)??? Lol that is one hell of a haul!!!

the shorter coolest most scenic way would be to cross the tracks at "Fidler siding" rail road siding... Follow that trail and you'll come to McKenzie falls. Just little falls but nice. From there cross the river n head up the trail.
keep right i believe ( this is where it gets tricky) then u head up a sketchy short steep washed out trail. At the top u turn left then just stay on that trail... I'm pretty sure that is the one that goes through the only passage through the red Cap mountain range. U keep following the trail along the creek and u wikl vone to a really narrow section barely wide enough for a 50" Sxs.....
it is at this point that if u r in a 60" plus sxs you should say your prayers... Haha...
anyway once u figure out how t get by that safely, u will continue for a bit n come to an old wide bridge.Crossing it and keeping left will take you to the Red Cap main line. Left to cap ridge right to Suicide Hill. These are all bames i came up with so someone else might call it other names. Lol

if u make it to that red cap main line you would hang a right into muskeg meadows and need to make your way to the grave flats/Cardinal river road. There's 3 ways to do that. ( i need to make signs)

once u get to the road the quickest way that not many people know about would be to take a cutline off the Toma mountain trail....anyway this is confusing enough.. Need signs↖️↘️

Lol.going that way would be all trails but do to mud etc it might take longer depending on the size of the group. But as the crow flys it's straight across from the green bridge to the Ruby trail. Alot of trails r getting grown in too that could be used.
Will be a fun summer opening up that country....

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went in the maps and put tgether this little bitvof info as to where places are from the Green Bridge to Ruby Falls. Hope this helps.

It says only 40km's but again that's as the crow flys...there's quite a few creek crossings and mudholes n muskeg along the way to slow you down.

i will work on a short cut this summer n stream line it a bit...

Last edited:

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the earliest yoy can go up to ruby falls.Does the water levels rise in the spring and summer,making it more of a fall ride?Ive heard about different places to camp but I will have to just take a weekend and head out there and see for myself.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks thats what i was thinking,so little snow this year it might be an early camping season.

Top Bottom