When cops have a ego

dsenych

Reaction score
I not saying you or anybody is. All I am saying is that stuff happens last minute things get over looked easily. And unfortunately the op got caught and it can happen to any of us so everyone should lay off the poor guy.

Well said

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Operating unsafe equipment on our hwy's and byways is just stupid and criminal. If you kill my family because of it, after the courts are done with you, you will be dealing with me. If my trailer brakes aren't fully functioning it doesn't move until they are. It is simple common sense.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
typical BC cop..they inspire to be polititians some day....glad l left
,we don't miss you.Cop could be from anywhere in Canada. I feel safer today in my hometown of Kelowna since he was coming here.We already have enough lifted F650's around with giant ego's. A truck like that says look at me,what do you expect. Next time be legal,sounds like cop gave you a huge break.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a safety thing (the tint on drivers and passengers sides). It wont shatter as designed if its covered in tint and stay in shard like pieces.

I'm sure its a nice truck, but I think there is more to this story.

This is one point I will argue till I am dead. If I am in an accident I do not want a window shattering in my face. I would rather just push the window out in one piece. tint also saves rescue crews time. If the rescue squad needs to break the window to get in a vehicle, they cover the entire window in duct tape first so that it does not shatter. This way they just push it out in one big piece. Tint on the windows does half the job and gets you out of the vehicle faster.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is one point I will argue till I am dead. If I am in an accident I do not want a window shattering in my face. I would rather just push the window out in one piece. tint also saves rescue crews time. If the rescue squad needs to break the window to get in a vehicle, they cover the entire window in duct tape first so that it does not shatter. This way they just push it out in one big piece. Tint on the windows does half the job and gets you out of the vehicle faster.
Tint actually does nothing at all but lower eye irritation from sun and bright headlights, I have tint on both my trucks and will continue to do so, fines are $70 my sight and sanity are worth more than that to me. I was in a rollover with one of my previous one tons and both driver and passenger windows blew out in the way intended by the manufacturer and there were pieces of the tint film flying around in the wind. You are asking to be pulled over with tint and need to assume responsibility for doing so, however you cannot be forced to remove the tint nor can said officer remove your tint as it's private property and improper removal can damage window seals etc, that being said the RCMP can tow the vehicle to the nearest facility at your expense and/or impound the vehicle. There's no reason to chew people apart about what they drive and treat other members like dicks on every other post either, getting to be like a little aggressive around here, why not state what is or isn't allowed and leave it at that? No reason to call a guy down for what he drives or being mad about getting fines, I'm pretty sure nobody is happy to get a fine for anything ever regardless of cost and knowing you're in the wrong. The internet tough guy act is comical though, anyone need a tissue?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never fiqured that one out, cops say tints not allowed on driver/pass windows cause they can't see what's happening when approaching, yet you can have the back windows painted black if you like, so how does he know there's not someone in the back seat with a gun trained on him. Ad I'm not going to rehash what's been said a billion times, but you drive a lifted 650, no different to a chick walking down the street with no shirt. Your just drawing attention to yourself, so be 100% legal or deal with the results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your telling me it's 9:00 at night you and your buddies are all loaded up sleds in the 4 place everybody excited ready go you go and check your brake away and don't work. You would say"sorry boys trip is cancelled my brake away don't work". I call bullsh!t cause if you said that your buddies would steal your truck and leave you standing there!

Proactive vs. Reactive. Know the difference!

If you knew your trailer was being used by the group, and you also knew that properly operating brakes are required where you will operate, why is this a big deal the night you are leaving? Deal with it in advance!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the OP will have his **** in order from now on...

That's what the directive is about. If they let the trailer brake laws go, then no one would even care if they ever work.... until they really need it.

Window tint... sounds like something that they were just using an excuse to pullover..

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys are going on about the tint. That's not why the cop got on his case. I'm sure he wont have the balls to post a picture of his truck on here, but I'm sure I've seen this truck once coming back from Blue. It was parked in Allen Creek parking lot. Its black and you could park a small car under it. It did look a little stupid as a daily driver. He would have to look down to see into a Peterbilt window.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like how all you jump all over the guy instantly saying all sorts of trash like little man syndrome, huge ego..... etc etc etc. First of all I know Ive maybe checked my breakaway a handful of times my whole life. Generally beginning of the season wether it be camping or sledding season and that is all, secondly none of you even know who this guy is and if you did you may be changing your tone a bit, hes not the typical lifted truck driving douchebag from the "MAC". I actually met him this past weekend in Valemount and rode with him a bit. Hes not little man, hes not a huge ego driven clown, hes not a young punk by any means, hes just a guy that thought I like the look of those trucks and Im in the position to buy one so Im gonna buy what I want.... simple, dont jump all over a guy because he can get a truck built like that and you can't or maybe you can and just choose not to..... thats a persons decision..... blah blah blah. The tint thing is a joke, cop needs to get a real job. Everyone talks ego here and your defending a cop........? Last I checked most "cops" are the ego driven clowns, most were bullies in high school and never went nowhere and when they see the people they grew up with doing good and they cant hassle them anymore they think how can I still have power over them...... take a few months training and whaala they become a cop. What a joke. As for the breakaway, ok it doesnt work, doesn't mean he should be impounded for it. Have him get it fixed and have to show proof at a later date, seems more like a sensible solution than to throw the book at him...... Anyway off topic....... F650, did you get your sled problems figured out, did that bolt thread in, was your jackshaft ok?

Last edited:

chromed

Reaction score
Did you get a ticket too? :confused:

I like how all you jump all over the guy instantly saying all sorts of trash like little man syndrome, huge ego..... etc etc etc. First of all I know Ive maybe checked my breakaway a handful of times my whole life. Generally beginning of the season wether it be camping or sledding season and that is all, secondly none of you even know who this guy is and if you did you may be changing your tone a bit, hes not the typical lifted truck driving douchebag from the "MAC". I actually met him this past weekend in Valemount and rode with him a bit. Hes not little man, hes not a huge ego driven clown, hes not a young punk by any means, hes just a guy that thought I like the look of those trucks and Im in the position to buy one so Im gonna buy what I want.... simple, dont jump all over a guy because he can get a truck built like that and you can't or maybe you can and just choose not to..... thats a persons decision..... blah blah blah. The tint thing is a joke, cop needs to get a real job. Everyone talks ego here and your defending a cop........? Last I checked most "cops" are the ego driven clowns, most were bullies in high school and never went nowhere and when they see the people they grey up with doing good and they cant hassle them anymore they think how can I still have power over them...... take a few months training and whaala they become a cop. What a joke. As for the breakaway, ok it doesnt work, doesn't mean he should be impounded for it. Have him get it fixed and have to show proof at a later date, seems more like a sensible solution than to throw the book at him...... Anyway off topic....... F650, did you get your sled problems figured out, did that bolt thread in, was your jackshaft ok?

kgb117

Reaction score
I have sympathy for u bro... Cops go out of their way to slap every ticket they can on u. They say the law is the law n cops just uphold it not write it.... But we can all agree the burger recipe is the burger recipe but you can choose not to put eggs in it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sympathy for u bro... Cops go out of their way to slap every ticket they can on u. They say the law is the law n cops just uphold it not write it.... But we can all agree the burger recipe is the burger recipe but you can choose not to put eggs in it.

what? that is some good stuff.

Top Bottom