When cops have a ego

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see where the OP is coming from. Most of the time with a tint ticket if you show them that you took the tint off before a certain date then the ticket is voided. Making him rip it off right there is over kill. And same with the brake he could of made him show proof of getting it fixed not impound his stuff right there. And as for the guys that gave him flack for not checking his brake away, how many of you do that every time you hook up? And if you figured out it didn't work right before you where leaving on a sled trip, I would bet my last dollar that not one guy would cancel there sled trip cause it doesn't work!

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding in valemount this weekend had a great time
Decided to head to kelowna with truck and trailer to
meet my wife so we could ski for a couple days
any way get to little fort for a coffee cop comes over
asked the usual I gave him what he wanted tells me truck
is not legal, I'm driving a lifted f 650 rips the ch!t out of me
makes me rip the tint off right there , I asked him if he was
serious since I've driven the truck for 7 years 70 thousand km
on truck I also told him I've been stopped by cops , highway patrols
in Canada and Us but they only wanted to take pictures because
they loved the truck. He said he couldn't care less remove tint or else.
He impounded the trailer breakaway didn't work, he had tow truck haul
it away basically get the hell out of dodge with Alberta plates I could
go on but once a mean cop always a mean cop

Holy crap! I bet your sorry you posted your 1st world problems on this site....lol

Are you feeling the luv??

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see where the OP is coming from. Most of the time with a tint ticket if you show them that you took the tint off before a certain date then the ticket is voided. Making him rip it off right there is over kill. And same with the brake he could of made him show proof of getting it fixed not impound his stuff right there. And as for the guys that gave him flack for not checking his brake away, how many of you do that every time you hook up? And if you figured out it didn't work right before you where leaving on a sled trip, I would bet my last dollar that not one guy would cancel there sled trip cause it doesn't work!
If I am making an out of province trip into an area renouned for its law enforcement, darn rights I am making sure my equipment is up to standard. Lack of preperation and maintenance is not an excuse, its a cause.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with tinted windows. Why don't they go stop somebody that blows their STOPs, to me that seems a little more dangerous than tinted windows. They have training and guns if there's a problem.

Tinted windows are not allowed in many European countries for a good reason, you can't see what is going on through another car, its blocks view.

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, buddy sure got roasted, but living in BC I also got wheeled for having 'tinted' glass on yes lifted dodge, I thought it was pretty dumb having a cop do his best ch!t hook turn on a rural highway at 80km/h to pull me over, I cant believe he saw that the glass was tinted as it was the lightest tint very similar to factory tint. At any rate I got a "fix it" slip after telling him I bought the truck like that, which is true. I would imagine the trailer break away being inoperable would make it a 'out of service' defect coming from the CVSE standards the same that we need to follow as big rig drivers. I would imagine a softer approach when pulled over may have received a 'fix it' slip. and no you dont have to do any repair on the side of the road, especially remove window tint..

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I am making an out of province trip into an area renouned for its law enforcement, darn rights I am making sure my equipment is up to standard. Lack of preperation and maintenance is not an excuse, its a cause.

So your telling me it's 9:00 at night you and your buddies are all loaded up sleds in the 4 place everybody excited ready go you go and check your brake away and don't work. You would say"sorry boys trip is cancelled my brake away don't work". I call bullsh!t cause if you said that your buddies would steal your truck and leave you standing there!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel his frustration on the window tint thing. I've had 9 window tint tickets now, the latest being my old man getting stopped and they made him tear it off my brand new truck. Since then I've learned not to bother with it. My corvette came with tinted windows, been pulled over twice in that and nothing. It's weird. It's like if they're in the mood to give a ticket or not lol. It's always frustrating either way, window tint sets off your vehicle. I like it. But in a cops perspective, it is the law, and he's got a job to do just like the rest of us.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your telling me it's 9:00 at night you and your buddies are all loaded up sleds in the 4 place everybody excited ready go you go and check your brake away and don't work. You would say"sorry boys trip is cancelled my brake away don't work". I call bullsh!t cause if you said that your buddies would steal your truck and leave you standing there!

so true. 2500$ later i know my trailer is now up to snuff and eeverything working. its a 2008 with low miles and it needed alot of work. that tells me theres alot of newish rigs out there probly due for a service. i was suprised how quick these components fail being on the slushy salty roads and sitting for long periods of time in the summer

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not stupid enough to wait till the last second to check my equipment before a trip. If you are, you deserve to get parked.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not stupid enough to wait till the last second to check my equipment before a trip. If you are, you deserve to get parked.

I not saying you or anybody is. All I am saying is that stuff happens last minute things get over looked easily. And unfortunately the op got caught and it can happen to any of us so everyone should lay off the poor guy.

Top Bottom