when are Quad Companies held accountable

papie9242

Reaction score
I have a Can-am 500 , it get's water in the belt housing witch I presumed got in the air breather. I was told at the dealer that the engine get to hot and warped the back cover and that there is a fix for that, they made a new back plate and cover with an extra bolt in between all the other bolts on the cover narrowing the space between bolts. We all have had some kind of problem with ower toys that you say if this is a problem then why is it not a recall?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are two flexible hoses one at the front and one at the back of the housing if either are torn you will get water in the CVT. the rear bottom bolt is you water drain. If the intake, located at the front just under the gas tank gets plugged the CVT will over heat. you can tell real quick when your belt just sort of disintagrates, usually miles from you truck. If you install the snorkle kit, lose the intake sock as it plugs up in a heartbeat and kills your belt just as quick.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The daughters boyfriend has warped 3 covers already causing water to get in. His fix was selling the quad. It was a can am 500 as well.

Snorked N' Torked 1000

Reaction score
i had i 2008 can-am outlander 500 and i had zero issues with overheating and warping the cover. i did put a snorkel kit on after a while because ilikes to play in the deep water but i never ever got water in the cvt no matter how deep it was.

Top Bottom