Wheel spacers?

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get some 27 inch tires for my Renegade, but I understand I will likely need wheel spacers to make them fit. I haven't a clue how wheel spacers work. Has anyone used them, and what would you recommend for length? Any other details about them or which kind I should use would be awesome.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have 27's on my gade and I installed 1" spacers on the front only. The back is fine. Prepare to get even muddier :d , and once in a while I catch the back wheel with the back of the foot, but I added flares on the weekend so that my help that issue. I have mudlight xtr's on stock rims.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you pick the spacers yourself or did Riverside have them on hand to use when they installed the tires? Is it a one-piece spacer or just additions to each bolt? how much did they cost?

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put 27s and 1 inch spacers on front and back easy to put on remove tire and bolt up to stud make sure the studs are the same lenght bolt tire back on i cant remember but i think they were a couplr hundred bucks

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
did you pick the spacers yourself or did Riverside have them on hand to use when they installed the tires? Is it a one-piece spacer or just additions to each bolt? how much did they cost?

Riverside supplied and installed them, they were about $250, dont cheap out on these. There aluminum blocks with there own bolt holes and new lugs.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a few different styles of spacers. If you go to Royal Distributors website you will see what the look like and it gives you an idea how they install, Price, etc.

rtw

Reaction score
hey did you do any thimg as far as putting any new shocks on you popo?and is putting a clucth kit in easy? i just dont know if i want to go with 27" outlaws or 28" outlaws
does any one know how good the 27" pull in the mud?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey did you do any thimg as far as putting any new shocks on you popo?and is putting a clucth kit in easy? i just dont know if i want to go with 27" outlaws or 28" outlaws

no. I just put ranger springs up front to get rid of the stock saging ones and to support the weight of the bumper and winch. they were really easy to put on. One man job. The clutch kit was easy for the most part. It takes 2 people to do the secondary clutch. but it was worth it.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just changed over from 27' Mud Bugs to 28" Outlaws on my 800... I feel they are the best tire I`ve ever tried in the mud. They are a lot heavier and rob tons of power but well worth not always getting stuck. I now find that I can go through the same spots in 2x4 where I needed 4x4 with the Mud Bugs.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I put 27" xtr's on my outlander. All you need to clear the tie rod end is less than 1/8". On my last Outlander all I used were 2 stacked fender washers on each stud and had absolutley no problem with them in 4000 kms, cost=zero. On my new quad I put one extra thick bushing washer on each stud, clears fine. cost=zero. The washers I used are for shimming hydraulic pumps.

P.S. If there were any danger in stressing the studs by doing it this way, I would have found out long ago....I chit drive my machinery to DEATH.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riverside carried 1 inch wheel spacers in stock so I picked up a set. They look like the highlifter ones, but these are labeled as "made in Alberta". Likely the same ones they gave Ron. Not cheap, and I had to buy lug nuts to go with them, but I don't think I'll ever wanna sell this quad so I might as well just get pot-committed now. :d

Top Bottom