What's To Do In/ Near Radium?

Full Curl

Reaction score
Guess I'm taking the better half there next weekend. The only thing I know is where we're staying.
Can anyone throw me some ideas of things we might do while we're there?
Not big skiers, not taking sleds. Any trail riding places open yet? (horse)
Thanks for your help!

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't help you on the trail riding, but if its open,make sure you check out that Tree House, can't miss it, place with big log walls, looks dumpy, worth the check.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Lussier out door hot springs awsome 1/2 day up a logging road and and just a place to park along the road and a boardwalk down beside a creek and hot spring pools awsome time and free.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm taking the better half there next weekend. The only thing I know is where we're staying.
Can anyone throw me some ideas of things we might do while we're there?
Not big skiers, not taking sleds. Any trail riding places open yet? (horse)
Thanks for your help!

Check down at Fairmount, 27K away so not a bad drive. Horses at the hot strings there.
invermere has some shops to check out, glass blowing etc. and besides they have a Tim's there.
the Black Forest in Invermere is a nice place to eat if you want to getaway from where you're staying, and so
is the Pub at the Lodge in Fairmount.
Good luck!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not a lot of summer things open yet. The Lussier Hot Springs, IMHO, don't get hot or really warm until mid-May or early June. Golf courses still closed last weekend. Tim's is always open but that doesn't take much time. Should be relaxing tho' as I don't see where a fellow could spend a lot of coin; unless you go property shopping and there is lots of that!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a lot of summer things open yet. The Lussier Hot Springs, IMHO, don't get hot or really warm until mid-May or early June.

Lussier is probably dang near cold right now. I would be more inclined to check out Fairmont, should be warmer. Fernie is on point though, not much 'summer' happening quite yet.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some driving ranges already open.

Invermere has farmers market Saturday mornings, not sure if they are doing it yet. Downtown good for few hours of shopping, some cool coffee shops/pubs

i think there's a wine bar that opening in Radium last year, not sure of winter hours. pick up a local paper/ask around

hot springs always a good call, book her into the spa for some extra brownie points.

still a fair amount of snow up high, down low pretty muddy.

Full Curl

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! We aren't golfers so that's no worry.
Appreciate tips on what there is to see though for sure.
Thanks again.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my family went there a couple years ago, we did a nice big loop up through jasper, then to PG, and back down through the glacier park to radium,if your into horseback riding there is an outfit outside of town that does do , or at least they were back then, great folks, but i cant remember the name of the place, great ride we went for hours, sore azz after but was fun regardless, look on some of the visitor info boards there, i think thats where we got the number from. Hope this helps

Top Bottom