Whats the first sled you rode or own?

gerald

Reaction score
I also remember an old 2pc unit called a Bolens that my friends Dad rode when I was a kid.The SnoCruiser was also a favourite back then but the Arctic Cat Panther Cheetah and Puma were nice too_Our neighbours dad worked for the Forestry Dept.and brought home alot of different machines for us to ride on. I remeber a SkiDoo Alpine with 2 tracks and one ski that took almost 40 acres to turn around.

-rossco-

Reaction score
First sled i owned was a 2000 summit 700 which i bought in 04, now ive got an xp.....dont think i could ever ride a zx chassis again....

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
First sled was a 79 294 SS Elan with the slide suspension and wide ski stance. Twisted the steering post right off on a mountain switchback and plowed into an embankment. Sleds sure have come along ways since then.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summitric another trick we used to do with that Elan was put snow through the fan as it was running to get it to cool down and yes I can remember packing snow around the Tillotsen carb. Ah the good old days!!!!!

Billy Boy:cool:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
98 skidoo 583 - my first sled 4 yrs ago :)
Had so much fun sledding, guys would say wow that would be a good sled for my girlfriend. I never even picked up on the insult.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
98 skidoo 583 - my first sled 4 yrs ago :)
Had so much fun sledding, guys would say wow that would be a good sled for my girlfriend. I never even picked up on the insult.

and now you went to poolaris so much better lol :nono:

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
91 Mach One 617. Great first sled....built up muscles I never knew I had just trying to throw the beast around. I guess that is why they were better known as a Mach Ton!

Rocky Mountain Kamakazi

Reaction score
I rode a 1992 Polaris XCR 440 Special, it was a little hard getting around on that where my dad started taking me, and i have have been riding that in the mountains scince i was 8 years old. This summer i built a MINI MOD, it is a 92 XCR bulkhead with a 700cc engine with pipes, reeds, boost bottle and some other work done to that. It has a Vandaburg tunnel with a 156" skid with a big-wheel two-wheel kit on the rear, with a camoplast track. It has a Lighweight seat, race pak, 9" of rise and Simmons skiis that is about it.
PIC_0034.JPG

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode a 1992 Polaris XCR 440 Special, it was a little hard getting around on that where my dad started taking me, and i have have been riding that in the mountains scince i was 8 years old. This summer i built a MINI MOD, it is a 92 XCR bulkhead with a 700cc engine with pipes, reeds, boost bottle and some other work done to that. It has a Vandaburg tunnel with a 156" skid with a big-wheel two-wheel kit on the rear, with a camoplast track. It has a Lighweight seat, race pak, 9" of rise and Simmons skiis that is about it.
View attachment 2625

Hmmm, that picture looks familiar

GRD

Reaction score
View attachment 2625

How old are you now?

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1975 Yamaha GPX338 duel carbs duel pipes went fast as hell but all top end power

Top Bottom