Whats the first sled you rode or own?

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1972 Ski doo Olympic 340...bogi's would always flip upside down in track . There was a cover in the front by the seat that would fold down.You had to open it up to expose the carb.To get it to start ya had to squirt gas in the carb then pull till she got going. Once it was running ya had to keep giving it shots of fuel till it warmed up while driving which was fine exect for the fact that the bastard would backfire really bad throwing a 10 to 14 inch flame onto your crotch which would ignite the fuel you've been spilling on your midsection :yikes:. I went through alot of days rolling in the snow to put myself out after spilling gas trying to prime the old cow......another fantastic feature was the skis that would hang straight down and plant in the earth if you took air sending you over the bars.....that option made me forget about riding over the big hay bales ever again with it.....ohh ya hey dad.......thanks for tellin me.....death trap:D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
A Late '60's Model Bombardier Olympique Twin Cylinder, And An Elan Single Cylinder, And A '73 440 Silver Bullet(one Of My Uncles Factory Sponsored Race Sled -- Won Many Races Across Alberta And Westlock Area), And A '70ish? Elite Twin Track(very Cool For Its Day -- 1st One In Alberta).......'70 Snow Cruiser(snow Crusher).....etc, Etc, Etc, ;)

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Late '60's Model Bombardier Olympique Twin Cylinder, And An Elan Single Cylinder, And A '73 440 Silver Bullet(one Of My Uncles Factory Sponsored Race Sled -- Won Many Races Across Alberta And Westlock Area), And A '70ish? Elite Twin Track(very Cool For Its Day -- 1st One In Alberta).......'70 Snow Cruiser(snow Crusher).....etc, Etc, Etc, ;)

sweet man that sounds sweet do you still have any of these ?

LINZ

Reaction score
08 XP Renegade 800R. 250kms total sledding experience so far. WOW! Still haven't had WOT and things are scary already. Definitely should have had one of these when I was younger.

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a kitty cat when I was about four. The first and only arctic cat of mine. After that had a 340 Polaris Sport for quite a while.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:D Does anybody still have a 440 invader or a 78-79 yammy..i think it was the srt or v..or something like that..having a blonde moment..
:dontknow: :rollinglaugh:

Cabinboy

Reaction score
1970 Doo Nordic 399e. And yea the bogies would somethime flip around. Oh, those were the days. Kinda be nice to still have that thing floating around.

Still have a 1978 Doo/Moto ski Everest sitting up @ the cabin in case it snows too much and we can't drive in. We can always walk in and use the sled to get stuff in and out.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1974 Elan 250 single cyl rode the hell out of it, moved up to 1975 Elan 250 twin , unbelievable power (lol) then to a 1969 Evinrude Norseman 300. From there graduated all the way up to a 79? Olympique 300 that only ran on both cylinders for short periods of time, awesome... (All this time we still had the 74 Elan held together with parts from three others that we kept around to keep it running) bought Cheyenne 503r after this at some point before graduating to an 03 summit 550f, an 02 summit 800x and currently an XP Everest 154....Been sledding for a few years as you can tell

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first sled was a 2007, 800R, Summit, 151 Track, it took me a while to get into this whole mountain sledding thing, all it took was one invite by a friend, and I was addicted. Soon after that, I went down to the store, picked one out, and never looked back. True to form, I've since spent a great deal on after market upgrades, and loving every minute of it. The two pictures of of the same sled, its a disease, I cant help it.

07 Doo0001.jpg

07 Doo0002.jpg

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:D Does anybody still have a 440 invader or a 78-79 yammy..i think it was the srt or v..or something like that..having a blonde moment..
:dontknow: :rollinglaugh:

srx twin...srx srv's came out alittle later in a 540. they where red and orange and black

snodawg

Reaction score
First sled as a passenger was an old Alpine, single ski, twin track. First sled I owned was a 1976 Olympic 340 twin. Paid $100 for it and had to put it back together.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first sled was a 2007, 800R, Summit, 151 Track, it took me a while to get into this whole mountain sledding thing, all it took was one invite by a friend, and I was addicted. Soon after that, I went down to the store, picked one out, and never looked back. True to form, I've since spent a great deal on after market upgrades, and loving every minute of it. The two pictures of of the same sled, its a disease, I cant help it.

View attachment 2401

View attachment 2402

LOL - this is exactly like me! It was four years ago for me. A buddy I waterski with kept on bugging me to come sledding up on the mountains - all I had ever done was a quick blast around the farm on a friend's old skidoo. As we were driving up Wayner said "You are either going to hate this - or it is going to cost you $50,000". He wasn't far off - good thing I already had the diesel truck!

First sled was a 2004 Rev Renegade 600 SDI because I was still going to ride it on Cooking Lake on the weekends. A RT1000 (modded) came soon after because a 136 skid didn't cut it in the pow! I am sure that the boys at Martin Equipment think Xmas is coming when I come in the door! Well - you can't take it with you

GRD

Reaction score

View attachment 2401

View attachment 2402

That is quite the change..... I would have taken the decals off too...:D:D

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
1975 Motoski 440..... I bought a pair of them back in 2002 for $45, rode them for a couple years, did some repairs to the one, seat recovered, carbs rebuilt, sold them when I started college for $500.

Bought a 1979 Blizzard 5500 a year later for $600, rode it for 3 seasons till it died in my field (rails went thru the track) sold it for $280.

Now I ride well....... nothing...... I think that needs to change.

Top Bottom