Whats the best choice?

big09dragon

Reaction score
What is the best can you can buy to make ur sled loud but not overly loud?

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running a speedwerx, y-pipe, fat daddy pipe and can...works slick, makes nice crisp throttle response, a deeper tone and it is quite a bit louder than stock but not overly loud...I like my set-up but I am not sure of how just how loud the can would be by itself. You can go on you-tube and do a search on speedwerx can on whatever you are riding...also try MBRP on Dragon if thats what it is, SLP, NPP (Neils Performance) and the list goes on. Lots of guys post a video clip of their sleds running after they've installed them so you can hear the different sound. Its not 100% accurate but it will give you an idea anyway....

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
SLP generation 2000 quiet cans. Some models give a power boost but they dont close trails like the loud cans do. All save weight but PLEASE keep it as quiet as you can.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you want a decent sound thats loud but not too loud mbrp is the right choice i have mbrp i like it and my buddy has the same sled as me witha jaws can and i cant hear my sled when we ride together his has a pretty loud bark!!!

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are different levels of mbrp cans though right? like the trail version or race versions which are louder.?

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are different levels of mbrp cans though right? like the trail version or race versions which are louder.?

I believe the new sleds only have the "standard" can. I had a race can on my '98 RMK 700 and it was insanely loud after the packing wore out!

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
MBRP is a standard can claiming 2hp and droping 10 pounds. The SLP can is a savings of 5.5 pounds and no hp gain. I run the MBRP with a SLP single pipe on my '01 and it sounds good. I have an SLP can on my '09 Dragon with a stock pipe and it isn't much louder than the stock can. So i think the way to go is with the MBRP :beer::d

Top Bottom