Whats the best boost kit for a 2014 xm?

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't believe there is a good kit... Left and right i see guys who have kits on and one will work great the next exactly opposite. This is my opinion but one kit that i did see for great hassle free is the TSS kit.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have read, if I was boosting one of my Doos it would be TSS. Not entirely sold on the boost though...

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive heard very mixed reviews. Havent heard too much good about any kit but the TSS. But I have heard some very mixed reviews on the TSS as well. Some guys love them, but Ive heard some bad stuff too so who knows. Seems hard to get honest accurate reviews on this type of stuff.

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It might just be me but it seems like the people who review these systems are the ones who shelled out the big money to buy them and are probably horribly bias because they want to justify their huge purchase. Seems like every review I read here on a turbo system is positive, I can't even count how many times ive read "just pulled and went" "all day no problems" "spools instantly" etc etc. And this has been from all manufacturers. Sorry I can't provide some insight, just make sure you do alot of research and make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a guy that has a 13 with the tss kit and the only problem I seen with it is the rollers in the secondary started to go. Other than that it has been a pull and go machine! Im sold on the kit after I have watched it go all season without a hiccup and he rides every weekend and rides hard! I think alot of it has to do with knowing what kind of numbers to watch for on your 02. the only setting I have watched him change is the adding or subtracting overall fuel on the boost it box. The tss turbo along with neils boost it system is by far the best I have seen for a turbo set up.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A boosted XM is my dream sled although I will never be able to afford one with a young family in BC.....BUT I had the great opportunity to try mareshow's today for a quick rip and man what a machine. TSS kit and it ran like a stock sled with insane horsepower. Ive tried many and I was not impressed with the low end, but I am telling you, from my limited experience, this ran like a stock sled.

Im still dreaming about that 5min

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems everything points to the TSS with Boost It controller. They seem to be consistantly working the best.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but it is $8k, no more pump gas, and no more warranty. Honestly I have flip-flopped on this so many times... I know the power would be SSOOOOOO fun, but I like my stock reliability.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but it is $8k, no more pump gas, and no more warranty. Honestly I have flip-flopped on this so many times... I know the power would be SSOOOOOO fun, but I like my stock reliability.

ya thats the kicker. i might have a better time with it if you could buy a sled with 0 warranty from the factory.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am quite happy with my TSS kit. As stated above there is very little that needs to be done to keep these kits running flawless. But don't kid yourself these aren't stock sleds, there are small hiccups and things you've got to tweak from time but generally speaking it runs well and very strong. By the end of the season I'll likely have about 1300 to 1500 miles on it. I'm planning on rebuilding the top end this summer and checking the crank to make sure I'm ready to go for next year. Like cnelson6 mentioned have have gone through a set of secondary rollers already, likely because of the narrow ramps on the shockwave secondary that I'm running and I got 600 miles to my first belt and was pretty happy with that. I noticed riding in really wet snow this weekend that the track was prone to ratcheting from time to time even though I feel it's plenty tight so I'll likely look at avid's this summer along with more track as I'm still having the odd wheelying issue on the really steep stuff even with a baker rear skid. The point I'm trying to get across is adding a TSS kit isn't just pull and go; you're now pushing the sled beyond what is designed to do be prepared for things to wear out faster and not perform the same because of that.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I have done to my XM is the TSS Kit, and it runs AWESOME. No problems what so ever, just pull and go and i wouldnt change a thing. I have about 1500 km on the turbo already and i haven't had a single issue, runs like a dream. Bottom end is so close to stock that it takes some experience to notice a difference.

Maierch is right though, you are running a lot more HP through it so there is some pro active things to do (checking crank, doing a top end if needed) But i'm more than happy to do that to have the ability to go wherever I want and running circles in 4' of POW :)

Depsnolvr You were moving so fast we couldn't keep track of where you were haha. If i have the pleasure to ride with you, i'd be more than happy to swap sleds for a bit so you can rip around :) Awesome riding btw

Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my friends that ran silber turbo 11 and 12 pros now run stock 13s for now, one has a rktec big bore shipping the other not sure if he will big bore after the other does......seems like your always playing with the box.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my friends that ran silber turbo 11 and 12 pros now run stock 13s for now, one has a rktec big bore shipping the other not sure if he will big bore after the other does......seems like your always playing with the box.

There's also a reason why Silber has the Cheapest kits on the market... you do get what you pay for...

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's also a reason why Silber has the Cheapest kits on the market... you do get what you pay for...

Yah that could be a possibility, my cousin didnt like his 2011 m8 turbo either. It was also built and tuned by a shop.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know why I can't edit this but the m8 was a boondocker

You gotta do your research when you buy it. Lots of people dont mind tinkering so they put the kits on themselves. I don't, I go to the mountains to ride and so far all i have to do is pull the cord and go. Not much else i could ask for really :)

There are lots of kits out there but after I read up on them all, I decided that TSS was the way to go simply because I have yet to hear a first hand account of an issue, I wanted to support Canadian, the Micku's are a name in sledding, and after I had spoken with all the Kit manufacturers I was sold on the TSS. I am very impressed with their customer service so far and their product quality speaks for itself.

TSS is also the only kit where the actual guys who did the R and D, testing and manufacture the components; install your Kit. Thats part of the reason why they are so successful, they simply know their stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom