whats potetial does a 99 formula 670 have

freezeberry

Reaction score
I want to know what my possibilities of making it a better sled. 99 formula 670 dlx 121" It must be able to take a bigger track with better traction. Traction at 3/4 inch isn t all that great and think I ll be digging. I just bought it so I d have something to do this winter. Don t really want to be digging rather be sledding.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im with you here. I am in the canoe beside ya , 97 form 3 600. I am and have been thinking the sky must be the limit... or so i hope:eek:
But plan to ride the winter then work on it for summer.

freezeberry

Reaction score
Im with you here. I am in the canoe beside ya , 97 form 3 600. I am and have been thinking the sky must be the limit... or so i hope:eek:
But plan to ride the winter then work on it for summer.

Where you ride. I see you are from the city too, so where you go out. I went for a nice snowy drive up to redwater rec area to check it out. Seems ok. don t know if it is safe to leave truck unattended out in the bush. Let me know any info you get you think is helpful. much appreciated.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to know what my possibilities of making it a better sled. 99 formula 670 dlx 121" It must be able to take a bigger track with better traction. Traction at 3/4 inch isn t all that great and think I ll be digging. I just bought it so I d have something to do this winter. Don t really want to be digging rather be sledding.

That sled will push a 151x2" easy. Drop a gear and add a tunnel extention.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your sled has alot of potential in after market parts etc. You have to justify the expense to get your sled to rock and roll. You should be able to find alot of parts used, or even at blow out prices at sled shops.

I'd suggest a longer track 136/144/151, you may have to do a drop and roll depending on track height, rail extension, tunnel extension,drivers etc.
get a clutch kit, lower gearing and new chain, tempflow/aatac jetting system, silencer, pipe, new pistons the list goes on so does the $$$

you can keep the $$$ down with used parts but it adds up fast.

You may be better off riding it as it is, or selling and using the money and upgrade money to get into a newer sled. you will never get the money you spend on upgrades out of that sled

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 99 formula z 670 has an arm rear suspension instead of the sc10 all the other models have. This was a test by ski doo and this is the only model and only year they used it.Draw your own conclusion.Being this is a obscure suspension,you may have a hard time finding rail extensions for it,if you wish to long track it.As for the rest of the sled there are tons of cheap new and used parts out there for s chassis sleds and the 670 is a great engine,easy to get horspower out of and around125 stock reliable horse.Have fun with it.:d:d:d

freezeberry

Reaction score
ya well i d like to extend but wonder if the rest will support the track extention. also I was told it had a one yr(arm) suspension in 99. so i m not sure what to doo. gathering most info possible

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to know what kind of riding you'll be doing before you decide how long etc of a track you need. What is your experience level, etc etc.

The ARC rear suspension got great reviews from test riders, I think that Doo stopped using it, not because it didn't work, but because there were some legal issues with how similar it was to the M10.........

That sled would hit over 100mph in stock trim, just an FYI. :)

Top Bottom