what's in your box??

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have alot of what has already been mentioned but i usually carry at least 1 L of oil . for top ups or even if your diff looses oil (wrong oil is better than no oil)

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A pucture kit and a compressor , tow sling are always good to have and helping out follow S/Mudder's

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever punctured their tire on the trail and actually used a puncture kit?

I've been lucky enough not to puncture a tire yet, but I have to imagine when a tire goes, there's a bigger hole than a puncture kit can help you with, no?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever punctured their tire on the trail and actually used a puncture kit?

I've been lucky enough not to puncture a tire yet, but I have to imagine when a tire goes, there's a bigger hole than a puncture kit can help you with, no?

Yes. They work.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup picked up a screw and then it fell out. A plug kit and a compressor and we were ridding it twenty mintues.

TB

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Drove over a plank with a nail in it(I'm assuming this is what happened because both tires on one side of quad had punctures,never actually noticed it happen)Same thing-couple plugs and we were back in business!
Yup picked up a screw and then it fell out. A plug kit and a compressor and we were ridding it twenty mintues.

TB

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Duh I forgot the most important thing in my box........... $hit tickets, never leave home without them

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

on may long my buddy jumped a log with his rzr and one lug on his rear tire ripped right off... no puncture kit is going to fix that

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on may long my buddy jumped a log with his rzr and one lug on his rear tire ripped right off... no puncture kit is going to fix that

That's what I was getting at. I'm just wonder what the ratio is between pluggable holes, and larger tears.

In the end though, it really doesn't matter. It doesn't hurt at all to carry a puncture kit, and if it gets you out of a bind, great. Adding one (and some other awesome suggestions) to the box this weekend.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I was getting at. I'm just wonder what the ratio is between pluggable holes, and larger tears.

In the end though, it really doesn't matter. It doesn't hurt at all to carry a puncture kit, and if it gets you out of a bind, great. Adding one (and some other awesome suggestions) to the box this weekend.

I haven't had to plug a hole yet, but did make use of the valve stems in my tire repair kit a couple of times.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They are small and cheap so if it gets me out of one jam I figure it is worth having. Have used it once so far so I put them in all my quads now $4 is cheap peice of mind.

TB

nd4spd

Reaction score

I ripped a hole in the sidewall that you could stick three fingers in and we used two complete puncture kits for it to hold air; ran it like that for about 3 months and never had issues just had to pump the tire up every couple weeks.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
zip ties, duct tape, air pump, tire kit, rad washer pump and hose. small cook stove, canned food hmm good( i'm eating while arff is still tryin to start a friggin fire. ).
icon10.gif

oh forgot also carry some popo and kawastucki parts now. makes the trail riding go faster it seems when riding with others. hehe

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of emergency booze, so much in fact I put a mickey of emergency hot 100 in my box, hid it under some stuff in a bag so nobody sees it

fordoryamaha

Reaction score
hose clamps and bungee cords. once my worn out ball joint on the front lower a arm fell out and i almost lost the front wheel. i used a bungee cord to tie the lower a arm to the top one, and it kept it in place till i got back to the truck 50km away!

PetroMan

Reaction score
In addition to a tool roll, spare belt etc, I always have a peanut sponge and heavy rubber gloves for a quick clean up(lake or river), hotdog sticks, rain puncho or large garbage bags, surveyor ribbon, advil, water, small roll of wire......

wakeandsnow

Reaction score
X2 on tire plugs. Before i picked up my swamp lites we ran the stock sh|t tires on the outlanders and the first weekend out beteween 2 of us we had 4 sidewall cuts. Just keep stuffing those plugs in until the air stops hissing and then we rode for the rest of the weekend with the tires plugged. not even a slow leak believe it or not. I carry at least 10 plugs now. Not so worried about myself, just guys still running cheapie tires.

X2 on hose clamps. Riding my sled last year we had to do some surgery on my buddies xp that decided it didn't want to have A-arms on one side anymore when he love tapped a pine tree. chucks of the tree that killed the a-arm actually ended up patching it up enough with hose clamps that we could ride to the truck.

duct tape, zip ties, 12v compressor, first aid kit, a $40.00 socket set, vice grips, headlamp, MAPS plenty of water and beer, and a partridge in a pear tree.

dasboot

Reaction score
Let's see............... drink of the day, snack of the day, snatch block, zip ties, fencing pliers(avoids long detours and never know when there is barb wire in that water), old wooden spoon, tools, lens cleaner and shop towels(drive a renegade lol), first aid kit, bungee cords, cell phone in waterproof box, and oh yes a paddle!!! Yes, a little collasable paddle my wife bought me so I will never be up a creek without one. lol And of course emergency drink of the day when your waiting for the called help with a couple more winches.:biggrin1:

Top Bottom