What's an Ovintiv.....Is Canada a Dirty Word?

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont kid yourself, banking is HUGE money business in the USA. Its a cartel

JPMorgan Chase has 2.73 TRILLION dollars in assets under management. That's 1 bank...

Down the list from Profit generating corporations and Private Equity funds like Berkshire Hathaway.

US Banks are funding growth and investment - Canadian Banks are at the top of the pile because of our Debt...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Down the list from Profit generating corporations and Private Equity funds like Berkshire Hathaway.

US Banks are funding growth and investment - Canadian Banks are at the top of the pile because of our Debt...

The big US banks have all failed. They are only being kept alive by the Fed. Dept is the name of the game, and the US has more dept than anyone.

Berkshire has 707billion total assets under management

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you would have asked me 10 years ago if CNRL was "the" company to work for, I would have laughed.

But they are really the sole survivor.

We built the first part of their heavy haul maintenance facility.
Their construction leads had quit the reputation and we shied away from them.
For sure who would have thunk they would be the big dog eh.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The big US banks have all failed. They are only being kept alive by the Fed. Dept is the name of the game, and the US has more dept than anyone.

Berkshire has 707billion total assets under management

How helpful for your business do you think it would be, if the Fed just put 100billion in your account (that they can just pull out of their ass) every time you fuk up?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Halliburton is closing the nisku offices.
Pink slips and packages today.
Should be in the news soon.
No they didn't. HES laid off 600 people 2 weeks ago in North America. Somebody wrote a story that HES was closing down in Canada last week and incurred the wrath of their corporate lawyers within a 1/2 hour. (I talked to a couple of people "in the know" yesterday after I read this)

Reactions: win

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No they didn't. HES laid off 600 people 2 weeks ago in North America. Somebody wrote a story that HES was closing down in Canada last week and incurred the wrath of their corporate lawyers within a 1/2 hour. (I talked to a couple of people "in the know" yesterday after I read this)
Well that is good news.
I heard this from a guy that works next door, hope he is wrong, hasn't been served any papers yet........

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Encana is a joke and failure of a company. So many poorly timed purchases in the US by their US CEO. What else are you supposed to do when your stock tanks like theirs? Gotta try something...
Not saying Canadian politics finished them as their shift started in 2013 to the US so many years before stuff got bad here.

This downturn in Canadian oil and gas has/will strengthen the industry so much. Companies are strengthening their balance sheets and are generating as much cash as $100 WTI and oilsands are very attractive with low capital spending to maintain rates. Shale oil is not economic unless you’re in the premium acreage and frankly they’re running out.

I’m summary don’t give up now, just find premium companies to work for, they’re making tons of cash right now.

Top Bottom