whats a good bike

ty08

Reaction score
anyone know a bike thats got enought BHP to put it on the back wheels and smoking the tyres i need somthing i can drive hard that will take it not somthing expensive on parts aswell anyone got some ideas and im talking 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers so let me know:cool:

ty08

Reaction score
just going through the bush and on tracks but i want that power to relly give it to it and take off so let me know please thanx

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
nothing chinese! pick from these, suzuki, kawasaki, can am, yamaha, polaris. buy used. you will find tons of parts for these names for pretty much all their models.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have riden them all and raced on most....

For Sport Quads and tracks 450's are the only way to go. The bigger quads have there place but it's not on the track....

Loved the Yamaha's feel.....but to get the max hp you have to go into the motor for racig and or the best /safest ride you need to replace the a-arms, swing arm, axle and the tail frame. The shocks are good for beginner and intermediate riders but beyond that you will nee shocks.....personally we ride Elka's....

PS heard the 09 Yamahawill have wide suspension...looking forward to seeing one....

Honda's make good power, we never liked the balance and they need all the suspension parts the Yamaha's do....if buying used look close at the frame along the fuel tank they tend to crack there...

KTM only rode one one time....good power, but not a lot of after market goodies so not for us...

Can-am I think these will be good machines, but didnt like the balance and the availability of goddies...

Suzuki....our machine of choice....easy to make power and dont have to go into the motor for the quite awhile....pipe, air filter, programer( we use Dyna-tek Power Commander) and a cherry bomb and an amazing 47 hp. Although high compresion piston and some hot cams and you are now into the 50 plus hp range. Comes stock with a wide suspension, so we add Elka's Elite series shocks with Adjustable high- and low-speed compression, adjustable rebound, also Elka's series 3 steering dampner. Balance in the air and on the ground is great....PS the top 3 Alberta pro riders were all on Suzuki's as well as the top riders in the US....

PS did I mention we will be selling our 2007 closer to the spring.....

fastford

Reaction score
If you have any remote use for 4X4 I would say the Can-am Renegade. I have ridden the T-cat and was not very impressed with it. Yeah its a hair faster then the Renegade but its like driving a tank. When you drive it, it dosnt feel like a utility quad. It will run with and pass most 450's in the hills and trails. The only time it feels big is when your trying to get some air and slowing down in tight trails after a blast of acceleration. Being an IRS it will feel top heavy, but dont let it scare ya. Hammer the gas and drive it, accel throu your corrners and slide them, this will get rid of the top heavy feel from the IRS.

Yes the after market is kinda limited but with a filter, pipe and clutch kit how fast do you want to go?? Trust me its PLENTY of get up and go!

Oh yeah love the ride on the DS450. Is gutless out of the box but a filter and pipe with the wire cut is a world of difference.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to second that, the Rene is an incredible bike. Faster than a 700 modded raptor and with a change of tires it muds with the best of them . It`s like getting two bikes in one!

Top Bottom