Whats a fair price in CANADA for an 09 summit X 154?

GODEEP

Reaction score
I am going to buy my 09 in Canada and want to see what a fair price is. I dont want to pea off the dealer working him down to the bone, and I dont want to get ripped off either.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to buy my 09 in Canada and want to see what a fair price is. I dont want to pea off the dealer working him down to the bone, and I dont want to get ripped off either.

check small town dealers, make some calls and you will find out.
where do ya live?

GODEEP

Reaction score
I live in the US, but have a place in stewart. I called to get a hold on the sled, just want to see what price range is fair out there. I always have bought sleds here in the us and they are alot less $$ and easy to work down the price.

I wanted to buy up there so I had a dealer that would be able to service it etc. Should I just pay whatever and be happy they are happy or would most up there work the price down a bit?

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in the US, but have a place in stewart. I called to get a hold on the sled, just want to see what price range is fair out there. I always have bought sleds here in the us and they are alot less $$ and easy to work down the price.

I wanted to buy up there so I had a dealer that would be able to service it etc. Should I just pay whatever and be happy they are happy or would most up there work the price down a bit?

WORK IT!!! They'll make their $$$ through the service (if not as much on the sale)....all part of business! Walk out at least twice..LOL
Good Luck!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

there is only $1500 or so mark up, make a few calls and I am sure ya can save 500 or a bit more and if not I am sure someone will throw in some accesories for ya. not to sure of the closests dealer to Stewart maybe call Dave at stewart Mountain Lodge

he should have all the info for ya way up North. and he rides DOO.

or did ya buy his lodge? it is for sale. I would love to ride up there one day, you are a lucky man, where in the U.S.?

GODEEP

Reaction score
far far away. I live in maryland. No I didnt buy his lodge, although I would if I had the money. Dave deals with a dealer thats not near by. I dont want to haggle the dealership too much since I want them to be on my side when things go wrong. Just figured I would see what kinds of prices are the norm up there for this sled.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save your money and buy a sled in the US - no dealer should be pissed off when a US resident is riding in Canada and needs some help with their sled. It does not make sense to buy up here imo if you are a US resident and can get a way better deal down there.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save your money and buy a sled in the US - no dealer should be pissed off when a US resident is riding in Canada and needs some help with their sled. It does not make sense to buy up here imo if you are a US resident and can get a way better deal down there.

easy, it would be nice to keep our economy running up here in Canada as well mister import, and yes the dealer is not so impressed when you come with a new import to their shop because they do not make the pricing, the manufacturer and our taxes do so its not there fault either, and would you give your best available service to a guy that buys and supports you or a guy who just asks for help at his convenience, go s around comes around man, thats life:d
I believe he flys in so it wiould be expensive to take sled on a plane ride,,,
and yes the dealer is pissed off you go south just as you are pissed its more money in canada, some of these dealers are not that big so it hurts them.

just reality but good on ya for saving and making some extra cash:beer:

GODEEP

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I have every intention of using a local or nearby shop. I want to suppot them, just dont want to get bent over since im from out of the country. :)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the dealer is going to lay waste to you as much as bombardier will probably to the tune of 3500 to 4000, don't expect a kiss after all the sexual activity you'll get.

Oh thank you. great BRP sex machine, it's going to hurt.

GODEEP

Reaction score
true.. I know the real problem isnt the dealers. Like the post started out, I just want to know what a fair price is up there.

How much more in tax's etc. are tagged on?

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing - I have bought 3 new sleds in Canada and a few used one's from dealers in Canada over the years as well as seadoos - Polaris, Cat and Skidoos and never had the loyalty service that is implied. Bottom line is that the majority of dealers no nothing of customer service.

As far as the US thing goes - let's not forget that the service side of the dealerships is probably doing quite well at the moment as most parts and accessories will be coming from the US anyway and the stronger canadian dollar has been a boost for them.

I looked into ownership of a Honda and Yamaha dealership a few years ago and have to say the profit margins on new sleds/quads/bikes is appalling. The majority of income is on the service and parts side anyway. Getting your import serviced at a cdn dealership will net them almost as much as if they had sold it to you anyway.

Same thing goes for imported cars and trucks. Daytime running lights and block heater cords will be your first service trip to your local dealer. Have a buddy in Calgary that has several car dealerships and they are bringing in US vehicles by the semi to sell in their used car dept - that is what these sled dealers should be doing - the market changes you change with it - that is business. These guys know markets change - 4 yrs ago any crew cab diesel they could get their hands on was going south!

Anyways GoDeep - where is the closest doo dealer to Stewart, and has anyone actually answered your question on cost?

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true.. I know the real problem isnt the dealers. Like the post started out, I just want to know what a fair price is up there.

How much more in tax's etc. are tagged on?

If bought in Alberta - you will pay an extra 5% for Goods and Service tax -if bought in BC there will be additional provincial tax. Someone help out with the price.

GODEEP

Reaction score
There is a dealer in Smithers, Burnslake, Prince George is prob. the furthest I would want to deal with. The one in Smithers is surely going to be my best bet.

So you think its not worth it? Last year my bud and I had a pain in the butt time getting out sleds up there. I was just so fed up with the BS and cost to do that. Basically it will cost me about $2000 to get a sled up there. I just figure I would be better off supporting a dealer up there and paying a little more that it would cost anyways.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's you call - I would ask about feedback from the dealers you mentioned and see what comes back. I was a little surprised that your shipping costs were so high - that may balance the price a bit. All i am saying is just don't expect killer service from a Canadian dealer just because you buy a sled from them.

Someone please post there price on that sled who has bought in Canada!!

canadude

Reaction score
Cheapest snow check price I know of was 12800.00 in the Edmonton area. That was in the spring at Bonnyville.Riverside in St. Albert has extras to sell right now and they want 14000.00 plus tax . We went south of the border and paid 9900.00. Money is money.Do your homework!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheapest snow check price I know of was 12800.00 in the Edmonton area. That was in the spring at Bonnyville.Riverside in St. Albert has extras to sell right now and they want 14000.00 plus tax . We went south of the border and paid 9900.00. Money is money.Do your homework!

Might i ask where you bought in the US for $9900, you got my attention.

DOONORTH

Reaction score
GODEEP, THE AVERAGE GOING PRICE IN MIDDLE BC FOR THE EVEREST 154 IS GOING TO BE AROUND 12,900 CDN. PLUS TAX, ACCOUNTING FOR REBATE. BASED ON THE DOLLAR NOW BEING 81 CENTS TO ONE USD, YOU DO THE MATH.
HOPEFULLY THAT GIVES YOU ENOUGH INFO, DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE DEALERS THAT DIRECTION, SO IT WOULD BE AN IDEA TO ASK SOME OF THE LOCALS FROM THE AREA.
GOOD LUCK AND GOOD RIDING
DOONORTH:d:beer:

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, i bought mine in Olds,paid 12600 plus tax, summit 154x w/electric start..have a friend looking for onje and we checked around, the best price we could find was $13100 plus tax, and the dealer was keeping the $350 acc credit....also they want 12500 for an everest..so I guess it pays to spring order.

Top Bottom