What would you say to the Greenie?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we were at the staging area, preparing to ride. There was about 10 of us. This woman pulls up in her little mazda mini van and proceeds to roll down her window, frantically waving us over.

"You shouldn't be going out there"... "did you know this is the worst avy conditions in 30 years?" she says....

What would you say to her?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we were at the staging area, preparing to ride. There was about 10 of us. This woman pulls up in her little mazda mini van and proceeds to roll down her window, frantically waving us over.

"You shouldn't be going out there"... "did you know this is the worst avy conditions in 30 years?" she says....

well thanks for the concern we are aware of the risks and we are only going to play in the safe areas ....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
calmly explain to her your avalanche training and any other steps you have taken to increase your awareness. also point out that there are many "safe" places to enjoy the backcountry without putting yourselves and the lives of any possible rescuers at risk.

if she still freaks out, give her the finger and tell her to go buy some more granola bars....:D

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
tell her due to the avalanche situation you can head in dump toxic waste, shoot carribou for sport and perform illegal abortions without fear of getting caught.... No CO will dare enter....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tell her due to the avalanche situation you can head in dump toxic waste, shoot carribou for sport and perform illegal abortions without fear of getting caught.... No CO will dare enter....

lmao. your on the ball this am bogger good one.:d

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I would turn it around on her! Have you been out there honey? Where are the real dangers? Is it the alpine, in the trees, or just where?

And when she is done spitting out her words between chunks of granola, I would then ask her if she wanted to go for a ride and see for herself!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would turn it around on her! Have you been out there honey? Where are the real dangers? Is it the alpine, in the trees, or just where?

And when she is done spitting out her words between chunks of granola, I would then ask her if she wanted to go for a ride and see for herself!

doubt she would of had a sled in her trunk though :d:d:d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doubt she would of had a sled in her trunk though :d:d:d

I was conflicted...
Part of me wanted to tell the greenie to stfu and kiss a caribou's azz, but the other part was thankful that someone was concerned about safety.

The resentful part of me was thinking... do you think we're stupid.. Do you know that we take safety seriously? How dare you assume we are unaware of the conditions.

The other side was saying... aww little woodland creature..how cute of you to be concerned... I love your felt hat..

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was conflicted...
Part of me wanted to tell the greenie to stfu and kiss a caribou's azz, but the other part was thankful that someone was concerned about safety.

The resentful part of me was thinking... do you think we're stupid.. Do you know that we take safety seriously? How dare you assume we are unaware of the conditions.

The other side was saying... aww little woodland creature..how cute of you to be concerned... I love your felt hat..

yeah and go hug a skunk

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Depends where you ride, thanks though."

She's looking out for others that are unaware of the CAC bulletin and haven't taken the necessary training. No reason to cut her down and get all defensive.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

You leave out a very important piece of information......

Was she a hottie?????? because my response would depend on the answer to this question....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Depends where you ride, thanks though."

She's looking out for others that are unaware of the CAC bulletin and haven't taken the necessary training. No reason to cut her down and get all defensive.

Absolutely, that makes sense Work2ride..

If you understand where I live, you'd be able to relate a sledders frustration in relation to greenies.

They come to ride on our sled tracks in our sled designated area, and give us the "stink eye"

They look down on us for "destroying nature's balance".... even when we are riding responsibly.

It's not "that" the little greenie came to warn us of the avy dangers, it was "how"... with an air of superiority and panic, flailing her arms in attempt to stop the "stupid sledders" in their tracks.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did you know she was a granola sucking tree hugger? Maybe she was just a concerend women that lost a family member to an avalanche and didnt want that to happen to anyone else.....................Or did she have bumper stickers that said things like "Support MEC" or "Save the squirrels":d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You leave out a very important piece of information......

Was she a hottie?????? because my response would depend on the answer to this question....

she was like a cute little squirrel Bogg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did you know she was a granola sucking tree hugger? Maybe she was just a concerend women that lost a family member to an avalanche and didnt want that to happen to anyone else.....................Or did she have bumper stickers that said things like "Support MEC" or "Save the squirrels":d

Ha haa haa!
Actually yup she had bumper stickers! lol

Top Bottom