What would you do?

Jeepindg

Reaction score
Id try to fix it and not write it off -----

Unless your a good bodyman and CAN fix tis yourself --- go threw insurance, --- besides deuctable??? (Maybee they can pay for yours also--Why pay for something you had Zero respncibility for??) it will be repaired from the other guys insurance company.

I wouldent think its too much money to fix, --- Althoe a lady changed lanes into my dakota a few years ago --Crunched my front headlight(Signal), crumpled my fender (Not the flare thoe) and scuffed the bumper---$3500 damage. Hopefully yours wouldent be that much.

I prefer to have a nice older vehicle then the brand new ones ---
New is nice dont get me wrong but pay 65G for a new diesel and then lose big new vehicle depreciation, and this parking lot hit or other people hitting you will leave you with a expensive vehicle that has been damaged.

Just my two cents anyways! Good luck either way!

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called the adjuster from his insurance and left a message offering a witness statement from a guy who was there and the photos of the damage to my truck and the trailer with blue paint on it. We'll see what that does to expidite the process. I'll admit this conflicts me a bit I try to be a nice guy, Karma and all that.

If the accident happened on public property, or even a publice lot, report the accident to the RCMP and provide them with the other guys name. They are obligated to complete the report, and then you have it documented. Send a copy to the Adjuster, along with an estimate of damage.

motomike450r

Reaction score
The adjuster called back and I sent her the photos, she agreed it's pretty obvious it was his trailer that did it. Just waiting on a local area adjuster to come verify in person and it sounded like they want to repair it. Now we wait.....:rolleyes:

motomike450r

Reaction score
First of all, thanks for the input everyone. His insurance (nationwide) after a 10 person round table discussion, whatever that is, decided they will cover the damages. $1,100. in all. If I go to a body shop and it ends up costing more they will cover that also. I'm mechanical enough and my brother works at a mechanics shop so I will just fix it myself and spend the rest on my daughter for x-mas.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda the same thing happened to me, 3500km on my new truck guy blew a stop sign choice one was to t-bone him or take the ditch, went through a barbed wire fence, gave me all his info admitted it was his fault said he would take care of it, after calming down i went back to the scene and took a bunch of pics and went to the rcmp and filed a report, the second the rcmp contacted him about it he tried to blame me eventually worked out in my favor good thing you took some pics:beer:

motomike450r

Reaction score
kinda the same thing happened to me, 3500km on my new truck guy blew a stop sign choice one was to t-bone him or take the ditch, went through a barbed wire fence, gave me all his info admitted it was his fault said he would take care of it, after calming down i went back to the scene and took a bunch of pics and went to the rcmp and filed a report, the second the rcmp contacted him about it he tried to blame me eventually worked out in my favor good thing you took some pics:beer:

Funny you should mention pictures, without them I am certain I would have not gotten anything. The guy could have shown them another trailer out of their yard. And my cop friend told me take ALOT of pics, more than you think is sane, every angle.

Top Bottom