What works on the 2011 etecs?????????

yamadabadoo

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any posts on here dealing with what actually works for mods on the 2011 etec summits. The only thing I've found is really old and when nobody actually had one to run.
Ive heard guys say y pipe and exhaust mods work. Others say stick with stock. Reeds???? No reeds???? gearing???
What are you guys doing that you are really happy with????
Cheers:beer:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth I ride with 2 guys that both ride etecs. One has a lot of mods and the other is stock and the stocker goes further, quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 11 has a Bikemann ceramic Y and main Pipe with MBRP stinger can,Bikemann Clutching and Shockwave helix, and the updated pistons and the sled worked awesome! I have just over 5100 km's on it only work needed was the basic maintenance and service works and the free recall and other than that its been pull the rope and go on the first pull everytime! I know a few guys running the modded heads on there etecs and seemed to have really good luck.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shave the head, the 11's had messed up porting as well. After that, full SLP exhaust. That is about it for engine mods without going extreme.

Gearing, the 11's could benefit from a little lower gearing. The clutching sucked on the 11's. Talk to your favorite clutch guru and go from there. I always say there isn't one "kit" that is the solution to everyone's clutching needs and that is true. Explain what you feel your sled lacks to a clutch guy and get them to give you a set up that works.

Other than that, run a good premium fuel, keep the intakes clear and ride it.

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the looks of slednecks, What ever mods Cory Micku is running seems to work pretty darn well

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sometimes it better to do one thing at a time not all at once or just change the can and maybe clutch it but thats it unless u want to be the king of the hill and u have a big wallet.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The y pipe mode is god for two hp, ... Rasing the exhaust señor was another hp or two ... Porting the motor is worth 12h
Now if you bb it to the 860 your looking another 6 over porting, then if you 872 it another 6 hp. And if you 880 it another 4 hp, bore the throttle body's and another 3 hp
hp

now of you turbo it, you beet the hell out of the others... 5lbs is 220hp and 7lbs is close to 240 hp...

I did the turbo two years ago and it has run very well... Would not hesitate to do another..

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The y pipe mode is god for two hp, ... Rasing the exhaust señor was another hp or two ... Porting the motor is worth 12h
Now if you bb it to the 860 your looking another 6 over porting, then if you 872 it another 6 hp. And if you 880 it another 4 hp, bore the throttle body's and another 3 hp
hp

now of you turbo it, you beet the hell out of the others... 5lbs is 220hp and 7lbs is close to 240 hp...

I did the turbo two years ago and it has run very well... Would not hesitate to do another..
not sure wear u are getting your # for the hp but I was told u get about 8hp for every pound of boost, I run a s/c apex and a m8 and nether one of these sleds are running 180hp stock. Yes a turbo or a super charger works real well but unless u can install it yourself your looking at around 6 to 8000 for the turbo or a s/c. So like I said earlier I hope u have a deep wallet or sell the older machine and buy a new one, they are always getting better and how much trouble do u want to get into. good luck

yamadabadoo

Reaction score
I would love to run a turbo............. But its pretty pricey. Do you feel that its reliable??

yamadabadoo

Reaction score
not sure wear u are getting your # for the hp but I was told u get about 8hp for every pound of boost, I run a s/c apex and a m8 and nether one of these sleds are running 180hp stock. Yes a turbo or a super charger works real well but unless u can install it yourself your looking at around 6 to 8000 for the turbo or a s/c. So like I said earlier I hope u have a deep wallet or sell the older machine and buy a new one, they are always getting better and how much trouble do u want to get into. good luck

Thats the thing. I absolutely love this sled. It rides fantastically well. Just thought Id see if I could mod it a bit without breaking the bank. I did the clutch and a can but thinking maybe a y pipe and pipe would be a good start. Any thoughts on which pipe? Dynoport??

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actaully there is no carbon fibre on his 880, and there are a couple of shots in the movie on a e tec

Actually there is a whole bunch of C3's product on his ride and 880 BB and the bottle under the hood lol how else doo ya think hes able to make it go where it goes. His goal to take a carbed sled where the turbos go..

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually there is a whole bunch of C3's product on his ride and 880 BB and the bottle under the hood lol how else doo ya think hes able to make it go where it goes. His goal to take a carbed sled where the turbos go..

So there may be a few extra's on his sled, there is a whole ass load of talent associated with it as well.

mountaineer

Reaction score
On his old sled, not that one... It does have the 880 and bottle. He just rides it!

Bowtie

Reaction score
I thought E-TEC's were the be all, end all of the snowmobile world. Shouldn't have to do anything to it. It will climb to the moon stock!!!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many guys responding actually own a 11 E-Tec? Not many I bet so be careful who you listen to. The 11 E-Tec has a good reliable motor and in a good chassis. There are a few things that you should do though. Firstly mine was a belt burner out of the box. I figured this should have been fixed since my 08 was the same. So what to do. Shim the jack-shaft over to push the secondary out a couple mm. Better yet, add a floating secondary. Next, add some primary clutch weight and change the secondary helix to a straight cut, around 40 - 42degrees. Next drop the gearing, change the 21 tooth to 20. I found 19 too low and lost track speed. I tried the Bikeman Y-Pipe and it did seem a little more responsive but it is not necessary, The stock DS skis lack bite, try aftermarket skis that are a bit wider.too. I like the Powderhound 7".

Top Bottom