What ways do you deal with frustration?

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Punching bag in basement. I like it.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get a dirt bike this year hit some trails i just build up my frustration lol and can't relese it so a bike should be good for me.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as crazy as it sounds I bought Tony Robins motivational CDs and he says people who get angry/frustrated easily should go to the mirror and force themselves to laugh for 10 mins and apparently your stress levels drop. He said they have done studies and it has helped people get off of various meds for anxiety, stress, depression etc. As for myself, all I do is ask myself if the current problem making me mad will be an issue in a week. Usually the answer is no. Life is too short... like the song goes, "we are here for a good time not a long time" so I try not to sweat the small stuff.

The only problem with that, is that when your wife walks by and sees you staring at the mirror for 10 minutes laughing at no one or nothing in particular, then next thing you know the the good humor men are pulling up to your front door in their white ice cream truck helping you slip into one of their huggy jackets :)

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Winter - Flog the crap out of the sled to take out frustration. Summer - Flog the crap out of the dirtbike...there's some good trails right behind your house that are good for releasing frustration in the summer

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me I go to the gym, shoot my bow,drive aimlessly with my music cranked and of course go sledding when I can. Exercise is proven to release good mood/feel good hormones. Life is too short to be grumpy all the time. Have fun with whatever you do, especially work. If you can't go to work and have some sort of fun, find a new line of work.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exercise. Even just a brisk walk will give you the sensation of clearing your head... somewhat. Otherwise I just tough it out and eventually it it fades away.

I totally agree on the fun at work thing too. I work with the best group of people I have ever been around not to mention our whole department is pretty damn awesome, bosses and all. I don't dread going to work..... ever anymore. I work 24 hour on call when on shift and even that doesn't bother me.

If you surround yourself with things that you enjoy and overall make you happy you are less likely to get all wound up in frustration and anger. I still do based upon peoples sheer stupidity but you can't take that away...... So I just try and ignore it.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really wish that it was that easy to go for a ride on the sled. Since Jan 4th I've had a whopping 4 days off of which most of it was spent with the newborn and my fiancé. The little bit of riding I did around the yard had me frustrated enough that the sled almost got burned down because it was running like crap.

I really think the job change suggestion might be what I need, but I also really liked the suggestion of asking yourself if whatever has you frustrated will still be there in a week. Thank you all very much!

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really wish that it was that easy to go for a ride on the sled. Since Jan 4th I've had a whopping 4 days off of which most of it was spent with the newborn and my fiancé. The little bit of riding I did around the yard had me frustrated enough that the sled almost got burned down because it was running like crap.

I really think the job change suggestion might be what I need, but I also really liked the suggestion of asking yourself if whatever has you frustrated will still be there in a week. Thank you all very much!

I need a job change to and yes i will still be frustrated in a week lol.

mxracer14

Reaction score
Smoke a doob! haha frustrations and stress melts away :). lol a good ol rip on the toys is a very close second too!

Top Bottom