What type of Boots

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What type of boots do you guys rock, been looking at hmk, but what are your opinions on the different brands?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of Altimates (Altimate winter boot) for 5 years, worked awesome. Dry, toasty no ankle support still wear them at home. Bought a pair of Klim adrenalines last year, work well also, dry toasty feet BUT no removable liner.I've only worn them for two days in a row. feet were good for day two but I don't know about after three or four days.

Welcome to AltimateBoots.com

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am .. girl..but I love the Baffins!! My feet are always warm and toasty. I like the removable gishy foam liner because you can change them over at night so you have dry liners! This is important when you umm fall off your machine alot!! LOL

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I been wearing leather Polaris boots (got em cheap) for the last five years and they are like wearing runners but they finally started wearing down so I just bought Klim boots and there going take some getting used too.Going from runners to a ski boot is a big change.
But so is Nitrous LOL!
catmando!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I been wearing leather Polaris boots (got em cheap) for the last five years and they are like wearing runners but they finally started wearing down so I just bought Klim boots and there going take some getting used too.Going from runners to a ski boot is a big change.
But so is Nitrous LOL!
catmando!

HMMM polaris boots, photographed sitting on a doo.....Yamaha gonch?????

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been wearing baffins forever,bought some klim boots for this year,actually got them from a buddy for 50bucks if I like them.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The liners in the altimates seem the same as the Baffin ones. (May even be 'Baffin Technology').

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear the baffins also, I knew a guy who bought a pair of hmk last year and the first morning he put them on he pulled the tongue right outta the boot..I laughed my a$$ off :D

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like wearing my Dunlop thermo rubber boots. Their light, comfy and just keep a change of insoles in the back pack.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I like wearing my Dunlop thermo rubber boots. Their light, comfy and just keep a change of insoles in the back pack.

Hey 'crazy_wheeler' .... Are them the green colored thermo/plus boots made in Holland, I think ???? That is what I had on when I messed up my leg..... I donot wear for sleddin any more !

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wear baffin boots, but it is the sled series of boots called revolution

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DC all the way. Same as a HMK boot but been around way longer and I swear by them. Great boot bought a new pair this year but still have the old ones that have been around for 4 seasons already! :twocents:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a pair of HMK Highmark pros, first ride will be in them tommorrow,
but they fit great, very light weight with removeable liner and good support. pretty much like snowboard boots with a tapered toe so they dont get stuck in your sled
i bought out of the US from
for $189 US thats like 50 bucks canadian hahaha and $20 shipping at my door in 8 days and they made the box look like a gift and i didnt have to pay the GST. just order one size larger then your street shoe.:Happy6::thumbsup2:

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ever was on Special at WalMart last year when I bought them! :hi:

But in all seriousness, now that I have become more of an Avid Sledder and Quader I am looking to buy a good pair of boots for those long Sled/Quad rides in the winter months.

Would a pair of snowboard boots work well?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ever was on Special at WalMart last year when I bought them! :hi:

But in all seriousness, now that I have become more of an Avid Sledder and Quader I am looking to buy a good pair of boots for those long Sled/Quad rides in the winter months.

Would a pair of snowboard boots work well?
Some guys likem for the ankle support. I know a couple of dudes that triedem and hatem because of the angle they keep your ankle at...Too stiff.

shift

Reaction score
I like my HMK's. First real pair of riding boots I've owned. They're pretty stiff, which makes them great when riding, but not the best for walking, although you get used to it. My feet stay warm, even with just regular socks, and haven't gotten my feet wet in them yet. They're also very light considering the size of em. Guys with sleds that have narrow running boards (and wide seats/tunnels) may find that they can't fit the whole boot on there.. I found that with my 02 ZX chassis Summit.

Top Bottom