what turbo?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to tell what turbo is on my sled????? was told a 310 MCX kit but would like to confirm the turbo size........how? do I measure or is there numbers on it?

Chunk

Reaction score
It's a Mitsubishi turbo. Either a t16 or t19. Believe the higher hp apex kits are the t19

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so how do I confirm what i have? what are these other numbers that guys are talking about...... 2871 turbo and a 2554 turbo????

han solo

Reaction score
those 4 digit numbers are for garrett turbos, whick mcx doesnt use. You likely have a 19t.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the reason I ask is because of my boost issues last year......I got zero exhaust leaks now but it just doesnt seem like I have high boost.....I'm getting a new AEM Digital boost gauge so I can actually see it.......I'm going to tear in to the exhaust and double check it again in the next few weeks. I just wanted to confirm what turbo I have because I might be expecting more from something I really dont have! I really want to loose the PL fuel controler and go with the BOOST-IT set up.......I heard it really makes the Apex come alive!

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it could be a 16t if the engine work has been done... before the 19t even came out guys were doing what they call the 310 kit which was basically jacking up the 270hp kit. mine is a 19t and its a 290hp kit at low boost.

also have u changed your fuel filter??? i had issues last year. my sled seemed like a dog and it was a $5 fuel filter that was causing me greif

Last edited:

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
it could be a 16t if the engine work has been done... before the 19t even came out guys were doing what they call the 310 kit which was basically jacking up the 270hp kit. mine is a 19t and its a 290hp kit at low boost.

also have u changed your fuel filter??? i had issues last year. my sled seemed like a dog and it was a $5 fuel filter that was causing me greif

Na Mike, it was just the Gorrilla behind the handle bars! You gotta put your purse down and WICKET! Hahahaha! Just Buggn Buddy!

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Apex 290 kit uses the 19T and has only been around for a couple of seasons. All the earlier kits ran the 16T Mitsubishi turbo. The Apex kits were 310 at 17psi with the extra fuel pump. Lots of them out there.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Apex 290 kit uses the 19T and has only been around for a couple of seasons. All the earlier kits ran the 16T Mitsubishi turbo. The Apex kits were 310 at 17psi with the extra fuel pump. Lots of them out there.

well sly you seem to have givin me the best info so far......question.....my MCX injectors have been disabled and running a PL fuel box.....I want to get the "Boost-It" set up put on and hook back up the MCX injectors.....the wires and fuel lines are no longer there.......so I have to add a fuel pump? what kind and where do I tap into the fuel line? help????

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've only done it where I've taken the PL box off and reconnected the MCX system. I know you will need the pump to run the extra injectors and it can just be teed into the fuel line to feed more fuel. Neil with boost it should be able to set you straight, I'm sure he has done a few of these and will be able to hook into your MCX injectors. What happened with your MCX controller to make you disconnect the injectors?

well sly you seem to have givin me the best info so far......question.....my MCX injectors have been disabled and running a PL fuel box.....I want to get the "Boost-It" set up put on and hook back up the MCX injectors.....the wires and fuel lines are no longer there.......so I have to add a fuel pump? what kind and where do I tap into the fuel line? help????

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well when I bought my Apex it had the PL controler on it with the MCX injectors disabled.......I thought it runs great.......but everyone I have talked to said it is a $h!ty way to run it with the stock injectors......most cant believe it runs on stock injectors only.......I thought if the air fuel ratio was good, that it is good to go.......so I'm going to try and get the "Boost-It" fuel box.....Neil said it wakes up the Apex and I can run my MCX injectors.......so I hope I can get more power.....sled climbs anything but I dont think it is 310 hp at 17-18 psi.......but what do I know......I was told it was the mcx 310 kit with the PL box when I bought it......I thought if it has the right A/F ratio and if it had 18 psi why wont it be around the 300 hp........with my luck I might be running 200 hp? who knows....lol just havent had any work in a few months and taking the kid to disneyland drained the toy fund.......when it snows and i work, then I get to buy parts.....

does anyone know where neil is based out of in Alberta?

I've only done it where I've taken the PL box off and reconnected the MCX system. I know you will need the pump to run the extra injectors and it can just be teed into the fuel line to feed more fuel. Neil with boost it should be able to set you straight, I'm sure he has done a few of these and will be able to hook into your MCX injectors. What happened with your MCX controller to make you disconnect the injectors?

Top Bottom