What tunnel bag for 165 Alpha?

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Mountain Addiction fuel setup right behind the seat which takes up about 10" so that leaves about 18" left on the tunnel. The BCA tunnel bag looks good and I assume you need to drill 4 holes in the tunnel but then non-removable? Does the Cat bag work? It claims it is 19" long so not sure if it will fit?

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Install the linq adapters and then the BCA bag is removable

https://www.canadasledparts.com/product/linq-universal-tunnel-adapters/
4D90F114-74F4-43EC-AEC7-503680AA71D3.jpg

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have electric start on my 165 Alpha. I was able to fit the second largest cat bag with my mountain addiction fuel can (mocked up anyway). Will post pictures tomorrow once it's installed.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More solid than linq........lol
Ok, I'm asking a serious question. What does this statement mean? I can't tell if it is intended sarcasm or you mean it is more solid than linq?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm asking a serious question. What does this statement mean? I can't tell if it is intended sarcasm or you mean it is more solid than linq?

I used one pop rivet in each corner of the bag.
Large head (1/2") of the pop rivet in the tunnel so it is smooth and a 1" diameter washer in the bag.
The bag does not come off, permanently fixed.....I never take the bag off, AKA more secure than linq.

No heat exchanger in tunnel so bag never gets wet, I never have the need to remove.
If you want a removable system get the linq, you will need the tunnel adapters.

Just kept the bag as close to rear light as i could for fitup between shovel in bag and the gas can.
I did a few loose fits with the bag full before I marked and drilled holes for rivets.
Only use the large head rivet to spread load, tunnel is not overly strong wit no heat exchanger.
Kept rivets about 3/4" from edge of tunnel on both sides.

Last edited:

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used one pop rivet in each corner of the bag.
Large head (1/2") of the pop rivet in the tunnel so it is smooth and a 1" diameter washer in the bag.
The bag does not come off, permanently fixed.....I never take the bag off, AKA more secure than linq.

No heat exchanger in tunnel so bag never gets wet, I never have the need to remove.
If you want a removable system get the linq, you will need the tunnel adapters..
Think I'll just go with the Cat bag. Spending $150 on adapters to mount the BCA bag just seems, well not as exciting.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look around for the LinQ parts, you can get them cheap here and there. It is nice to pop the bag off and take it in with you, it’s convenient. I’ve had no problems with any of my LinQ stuff. Super slick...

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, so I bought the bag. How the hell do you open it when mounted?? The zipper is way to close to the fuel tank to really get it off easily. Kinda prepared to throw this one in the garbage and start over.....
I can open it with the can on (without gloves). I plan on dropping the fuel before i need anything out of the bag though.

Top Bottom