What to look for on a used 2012 XM

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going with my nephew to buy his first sled, he found a nice 2012 with 1700 kms on it but its priced right and has warranty till 2014. I’m fairly versed in the rev and 08 XP troubles but have had no contact with the new style BRP. What are the things to look for? Thx for the help in advance.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It must be a 2013 if its an XM? Are you sure you have an XM?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2012's were a great sled. Get the sled serial number to a dealer and check if the rave update was done and the flash. Other than that point it uphill and pin it! Lol

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2012's were a great sled. Get the sled serial number to a dealer and check if the rave update was done and the flash. Other than that point it uphill and pin it! Lol
What's the rave update all about?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are checking and or tightening rave nuts on rave assy Bert. Some may loosen up.
Would they have been doing that when it was in last season for checkover? Hate to make a trip just for that ans have seen enough of the windy city last week
Puked a tranny out of the truck on the way thru comming home from Yellowstone. now that was an expensive sled trip!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would they have been doing that when it was in last season for checkover? Hate to make a trip just for that ans have seen enough of the windy city last week
Puked a tranny out of the truck on the way thru comming home from Yellowstone. now that was an expensive sled trip!

I will check when I am down there Tuesday. Can't remember when recall came out. I think this fall. Wanna go to West Yellowstone next week?

:ignore:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good gawd ok buy the freakin sled and lets ride, no more BS lets go. riding easter weekend. come on quit being a puss

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will check when I am down there Tuesday. Can't remember when recall came out. I think this fall. Wanna go to West Yellowstone next week?

:ignore:
lol Heading to sicamous next week. See if the new transmission is up to the task.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Curtis

You still riding you old bird

What you riding these days?
We just rode allen and it was ok getting pretty set up spring like conditions currently
Still remember the few rides we had Lots of fun
birdie

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Hi Curtis

You still riding you old bird

What you riding these days?
We just rode allen and it was ok getting pretty set up spring like conditions currently
Still remember the few rides we had Lots of fun
birdie

Still riding Older Rev's.
Had to cancel McBride this weekend, opted for Swan Hill....better than not.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well bought the sled! $7200 been a great machine he's been sledding/sking whistler six,seven times. He's very happy.

Top Bottom