What to look for in 2013 snow pro 800

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ladies and gents, I have a buddy looking at a 2013 snow pro 162 and neither one of us know too much about cats (doo laid drinkers here). From what I remember the '13 are way better than the '12 in both reliability, set up and belt life. Anything significant to look at as far as shecking the front end similar to the doos for a straight bulkhead? And electrical issues that year? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. thanks

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 13 and have had no issues at all. When riding in low snow you will need to run scratchers but that is about it. Make sure any updates are done and you should be good to go..

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 13 and have had no issues at all. When riding in low snow you will need to run scratchers but that is about it. Make sure any updates are done and you should be good to go..
I've a couple 13's - have been very solid machines. Obviously do your homework, if it looks trashed, it likely is, but cat bulkhead / tunnel / front end is as tough as they come. You'll want to see if it has the upgraded "big fin" secondary clutch - it was available to '12 and '13 owners, Also, check the rollers in the primary, etc. But overall a very solid machine.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was a belt blower it will show in the belt guard and belly pan, personally I would look in there any signs of major belt issues, the cats are dam tough sleds, fire it up and see what you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my 13 new. 2300kms now and no issues. Like mentioned make sure it's got the updates. 14 gearing works really well to. Awesome sleds. Next year plan on buying new again and it will be another cat!

Top Bottom