what to get?

honda680manitoba

Reaction score
im looking at getting new 26'' quad tires before winter. now the question is what would be best for a little bit of everything? i drive alot of trails and want a tire thats not too heavy

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im looking at getting new 26'' quad tires before winter. now the question is what would be best for a little bit of everything? i drive alot of trails and want a tire thats not too heavy
I like mud lites.......all around goo tire...... swamp lites are also good .....not sure if I know what the lightest tire would be for you .... but that rincon should handle anything in a 26"* there are lots of ppl on here that will let you know what they have and how it works for them.... I think you just need to look on line and see the tires and there ratings and decide for your self......Cheers!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fat tire

Have you had issues with your mud lites coming off the bead?

The reason I am asking is this summer I have seen at least 12 or more quads with the mud lites off the bead.

I am not bashing mud lite tires just wondering.

Thanks

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fat tire

Have you had issues with your mud lites coming off the bead?

The reason I am asking is this summer I have seen at least 12 or more quads with the mud lites off the bead.

I am not bashing mud lite tires just wondering.

Thanks
The radial MTR has that rimguard on it ....... my other mud lites used to be a problem but when I moved to the radial it seem to not have that issue.........I guess it depends on how hard you run em in the mud and rutts.........maby i have slowed down a bit at that.........................how about you* did you get anything for the wifes raazor yet.....seems that there are allot of tires to choose from....just a matter of what is a good fit. Cheers!

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to the mudlight XTR's, which are the radial tires, will add alot of weight. Your quad will run them no problem but look at getting a set of Supergrip Superlights if you like the mudlight tread design. Much stronger than mudlights, have a nice rimguard on them, and way lighter than XTR's. Good deep lugs will chew through alot of crap. Another tire to look at are the Maxxis Zillas. Excellent traction in almost all conditions, the lightest tire on the market but still hold up great. I had a set of 28" Zillas on my Brute and they were great for snow, mud, trails and any other place I tried and after 1000km of abuse they still had barely any signs of wear on them.

honda680manitoba

Reaction score
well i bought my quad new about 6 or more months ago and the stock tire they come with are s**t and were bald after 2 months of riding. thanks for all the ideas. my number 1 tire thought is the maxxiz zillas

Last edited:

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i bought my quad new about 6 or more months ago and the stock tire they come with are s**t and were bald after 2 months of riding. thanks for all the ideas. my number 1 tire thought is the maxxiz zillas
Go with what you like then....the maxxis are* a great tire too...... let us know what ya get...and post pic. cheers

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The radial MTR has that rimguard on it ....... my other mud lites used to be a problem but when I moved to the radial it seem to not have that issue.........I guess it depends on how hard you run em in the mud and rutts.........maby i have slowed down a bit at that.........................how about you* did you get anything for the wifes raazor yet.....seems that there are allot of tires to choose from....just a matter of what is a good fit. Cheers!

I am waiting for her birthday or xmas..Good present I figure..:alol2:

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a set of mud lites trust me I will never buy them again .... A friend of mine in fort nelson let me try out his new 850 xp with a set of maxxis bighorn tires in the mud and rock I was very impressed with the handling and traction needless to say 575$ later and a set of 26's went on my sportsman 800 have about 10 rides on them now and they are great . I will be putting a set on my wifes 2011 rzr next .

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
The mudlights are o.k. but the zillas are lighter and better wear i find.

I have mudlights on mine.not that impressed with them..I will buy Zillas in the spring i think

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a set of 27 " mudlight xtr radials with 75% rears and 85 % fronts left.... 14 " rims.. for sale .... 300.00 for all 4..... rear to buy new are 195 each and fronts are 185 each.....

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out the Grim Reapers. Good tire for dry trails, snow & mud.

Attachments

• P6120010[1].jpg
    P6120010[1].jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 135

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your quad will run them no problem but look at getting a set of Supergrip Superlights if you like the mudlight tread design. Much stronger than mudlights, have a nice rimguard on them, and way lighter than XTR's. Good deep lugs will chew through alot of crap.

I run 26" "Supergrip Superlights" on my Honda 420. I LOVE THEM !!! Way better over stock tires (of course). I stayed with stock width though (9" in front and 10" in back), I wanted to be sure that I could turn them if I got into something serious !! I've been to the mountains a few times this year and they work well as a trail tire, too. The rimguard is nice as it protects my rims good too. They have 1 1/4" lugs on them and grip the ground really good. 26" also gave me some really nice ground clearence too. I push alot of snow with a snowplow in the winter and they chew thru the snow awesomely. (If thats a word. LOL) No Traction issues !
If I had a second choice though, it would be... "BigHorns" .Almost went with them but got a awesome deal on the Superlights. Everything I've heard and talked to people about the BigHorns are all positive. Very good all-around tire.
I did LOTS of research on ATV tires before I bought mine. Oh the joys of tire buying !!
:twocents:

AC4life

Reaction score
I have a set of 27 inch mudlites, not the radials, but just the original mud lite tire. I have over 3000 miles on them and still have decent tread and have NEVER had any problems with the tire coming off the bead, and i live in northern sasky where the conditions are never very good for tires. In my opinion these are a great tire, but maybe ive just had great luck. Just my two cents.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run 27" SwampLites, on my Cat. I have found them to be the best bang for the $ and a good all around tire. I have used them on every type of terrain, and finding that they are wearing evenly. Never a problem with blowing a bead.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 28 x 10 mud lites on the knock off rhino, never had a problem with the beads.... They are on 12" rims as well. I don't run the tire pressure right down either, keep it at 7 - 8 psi

Top Bottom