What To Get The Kids For Xmas

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, but I have 2 older machines, not too old though. a 500 and a 600. PM me for details if interested. Selling to buy an M7, or would trade the 2 for one. Perfect for kids. :d

Hello Mare
Can you PM me some details of both sleds. Thanks

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, just jumping in quick to let you know I bought a nice little Freestyle Backcountry from tmix and his family today. Great deal from some very nice people!:thumbsup2:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Lite weight and stable is the way to go. A fan cooled sled to start and then move them up as their skills advance. A M6 is pushing around 120+ horsepower which can be quite a bit to handle for an inexperienced rider. We have a Polaris Indy Lite which has made more trips up and down the pipeline at Fernie then you can shake a stick at with everyone from kids to adults on it and every one has had a blast doing it. That little fan cooled will move me along at 50+ mph on flat hardpack so I'm not sure I want to see how fast it will go unrestricted with someone with not as much mass as I have on it.
As one last note; I have actually been run into by a small child on a old 670 Summit which he had no control over, on a trail near Fernie. He came around a blind corner on the wrong side of the trail, panicked when he seen me and ended up rolling it when he over reacted. The good thing, while his sled did slide into mine was that he was not hurt.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Sorry Longhorn, had to scoop ya on that one. Had a feeling it wasn't gonna be there for long!:d

Hey no problem, I would have scooped it on you if I could have gotten their sooner LOL

We had a feeling it wouldnt make the weekend, and Tmix told us whoever gets there first gets it! Good purchase, let me know how you like it!

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey no problem, I would have scooped it on you if I could have gotten their sooner LOL

We had a feeling it wouldnt make the weekend, and Tmix told us whoever gets there first gets it! Good purchase, let me know how you like it!

Sounds good! Thanks.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a Polaris Indy Lite which has made more trips up and down the pipeline at Fernie then you can shake a stick at with everyone from kids to adults on it and every one has had a blast doing it. That little fan cooled will move me along at 50+ mph on flat hardpack so I'm not sure I want to see how fast it will go unrestricted with someone with not as much mass as I have on it.

^:Snowmobile1:

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
162 WIZZY, good to meet you and your son! i'm sure he will enjoy his new sled, have a great winter, cheers!!!

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry LONGHORN, i didn't think it would sell that fast? 162 WIZZY son is gonna love that sled for a long time, i know my kidz did. now i have a get a 8oo for my 6'2' 15 year old.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
sorry LONGHORN, i didn't think it would sell that fast? 162 WIZZY son is gonna love that sled for a long time, i know my kidz did. now i have a get a 8oo for my 6'2' 15 year old.

Hey, all is cool, you warned me that it was whoever showed up first, and thats the way it should be. We debated coming during the week, but just too busy.

The hunt continues...

tredeb

Reaction score
Hey, all is cool, you warned me that it was whoever showed up first, and thats the way it should be. We debated coming during the week, but just too busy.

The hunt continues...

Not sure what your price range is, but it may be worth your while to give Terry at T&T a call. He has a huge inventory and has some previous model year stock that will still have factory warranty on it.

He will treat you right.

FWIW, if your kids have any riding experience, they will do fine on an M6. They will just have to drive responsibly.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go ahead and buy them a 600 mountain max, or a 670x.

The 600 mountain max was a billy goat and even hauled sledbunnyracing's oversized @** around.

The 670x is a great machine, especially when modded.

(I grew up on these 2 machines.)

Or just go straight to an 800 rev so you wont have to buy them a new machine for a while.

(Haha these are the sleds I grew up on / am riding now.

Top Bottom