What To Get The Kids For Xmas

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting the kids a couple sleds for xmas. Our riding is 98% in the mtns. so I want something for them that will work for that. I must also add that we ride cats :d but are willing to except change. I was thinking something like the M5 or M6 but are tough to find. Not alot on the selling market. What do you guys / gals think about the 4 stroke Phazer? The kids are 11 & 13. Thanks

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a skidoo Freestyle Backcountry for my 8yr old. The RF chassis is a great mid size sled. they come in a 300 or 550 depending on the model. Not a cat but my 2 cents!:d

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting the kids a couple sleds for xmas. Our riding is 98% in the mtns. so I want something for them that will work for that. I must also add that we ride cats :d but are willing to except change. I was thinking something like the M5 or M6 but are tough to find. Not alot on the selling market. What do you guys / gals think about the 4 stroke Phazer? The kids are 11 & 13. Thanks

The M5 will be a fantastic choice.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I have 13 and 14 yr old girls one on an M6 and the other on an M7, if I could have done it over I would have gone with 2 M6's, and in fact will likely try and replace the M7 with another M6 this winter.

My 13 yr old is about 90lbs and she handles the M6 no problem...

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May have to start looking south of the border. Still a bit early, hopefully some peoples kids really grew this summer!!!:d

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about the older summit 500s,I bought mine new and its never gave me a problem,Im not sure about out there but theres afew around out this way,I shocked alot of people were that little sled would go.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 9 year old is riding a 550 RMK 136 that I put a 2 inch track on and reverse. that little 550 fan gets him places and it is light. just my 2 cents!

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my daughters (10yrs & 8yrs old ) a 2010 550 RMK Trail for Christmas last year. Both of the girls like to go sledding but so far the oldest is doing most of thr driving.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a skidoo Freestyle Backcountry for my 8yr old. The RF chassis is a great mid size sled. they come in a 300 or 550 depending on the model. Not a cat but my 2 cents!:d

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks jbb, have been in contact with this gentlemen. Gonna hopefully pick the one up in Legal this week!

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
castanet is a great site for sleds and bike. always find stuff there.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, but I have 2 older machines, not too old though. a 500 and a 600. PM me for details if interested. Selling to buy an M7, or would trade the 2 for one. Perfect for kids. :d

polarsledhead

Reaction score
if you cant get that freestyle we have a 2008 freestyle session 300 its has about 30-40 hours its been parked for the last 2 years used in 2008

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Depends on the kids. My daughters are 8 an 10 and I would not put them on ours, they are still green. But I saw a kid at the Frisby cabin last year that could not have been more than 8 jumping and sidehilling a phazer. They are tippy and darty on the trail. They are also a bit heavy with the ski pressure so low speed steering effort is greater than a fan cooled sled, nothing like an Apex but more than a 550 fan cool. A ski upgrade might fix the darting and the low speed heavy steering.

Off the trail they handle great, easy to manuver, light steering, very responsive to weight shift. Fun sled.

As lang as they know to

Top Bottom