What to do?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do I sell my 08 700 155 sled now for $5500 and find a 2011 rmk 163 for $8000 to 9000 and hope for the best motor wise? When I got a baby coming April and I've got another year of $400 a month payments to school debt.

Or drive my 700 the rest of the year and buy a 2012 or 13 after my debts gone and I will be getting another bonus next december that will go towards the sled cash?

My 700 was trench and stuck city last year. And I'm afraid this year will be the same. My friends are going deeper into the trees that have low traffic and my 700 is just not cutting it compared to prior years in higher traffic open areas. I also don't want to hit a tree and have to fix it before I sell it too and renting a sled would be dumb being that I would throw away $1600 plus any damage to the rental company when I could put that into my own newer sled.

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
I would ride it. Your 700 is not that far of the mark. i spent a many a year riding a 440 snow cross and 600 mountain sleds in the mountains. I think they make you a better rider. You learn to carry speed, pick better lines, practice your riding skills. Save your money and get what you really want next year.

My 2 cents

96sherm

Reaction score
Avoid more debt. If your current maching still brings a smile to your face and costs you nothing, its worth far more than digging a bigger financial hole for something thats going to do the same thing but cost you a pile of money.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep the 700 and have fun remember every time you go riding for a weekend in the mountains it's going to cost you 300-500 if you get the 800 it just means you go less because you now have payments

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As papajake mentioned, don't get yourself into a financial position, it will only limit your sled outings... maybe do a little research on what you can do to your 700 skid set up for this season to eliminate some of the trenching as it is a very capable sled. Then if you can afford to purchase next year, maybe you will be able to jump up to a 2013 pro rather than the 2011!!! I run both... my 2011 is a great sled but (IMO) it has it's hands full following my 2013!!!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friends just got back from where they we go and they said snow was decent but not as bottomless as last year so I think ill ride it the rest of this year and get a pro next year.

flpp

Reaction score
Good choice.....always put family first or your riding career may come to an end sooner than you want........or else you end up single.

Top Bottom