What to do with old diesel

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the Ford 6.4 it is recommended to drain the water filter every month. Not a problem.....but what do people do with the all the old collected diesel? It's not the best fire starter with the low flash point.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the Ford 6.4 it is recommended to drain the water filter every month. Not a problem.....but what do people do with the all the old collected diesel? It's not the best fire starter with the low flash point.

Dispose of with used engine oil, it does burn thats what i start fires with, way safer than gas

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Drain the filter into a clear container. No visible water, put it back in the tank. If there is water it will be the first thing to come out. If your not sure what to look for add a bit of water to the fuel in the clear container and you will see how obvious it is.

I have over a million kms driving diesel pickups all over AB BC & SK the last 15 years. I have never had a WIF warning and can count on one hand the times I've drained a filter. I guess it just takes that one time though.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The "POOF"....too funny, but true.

I have never had a warning or seen water in the diesel either as of yet. I do drain monthly....just to be sure.

Thanks all.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put it in a container( windshield washer jug, fill container with styrofoam, pour in half liter of gas, shake the crap out of it, shake it some more. styrofoam will start to melt, pour in your old diesel, shake some more, the strofoam will disolve into the diesel and make NAPALM shheeet will burn anything and then some. be careful around open flames though.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
put it in a container( windshield washer jug, fill container with styrofoam, pour in half liter of gas, shake the crap out of it, shake it some more. styrofoam will start to melt, pour in your old diesel, shake some more, the strofoam will disolve into the diesel and make NAPLM, that shheeet will burn anything and then some. be careful around open flames though.

Are you related to Mikey???????? Like to see things burn........

Top Bottom