What to do, what to do?

kittyhunter

Reaction score
I have an 04 summit 800 HO and I "need" a little more zip. I have a can and put on extrovert drivers but now I just don't know what is the best bang for my buck. Should I pipe it? If i do, how much will have to change my jetting. Should I put in a new titanium spring? So many options and so litle info out there as to what makes the biggest difference. I don't believe that reeds will help, but hard to find true info on those either. Any advice or info? I don't mind spending the money if it's worth it. :confused:

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey i'm running the same machine and that is the best thing i did. It is a bolt on accessory and don't have to do any jetting. You drop a few lbs and add a few more ponies with the pipe.

kittyhunter

Reaction score
Hey i'm running the same machine and that is the best thing i did. It is a bolt on accessory and don't have to do any jetting. You drop a few lbs and add a few more ponies with the pipe.

No jetting at all? That is nice. What pipe are you running? I heard good and bad about so many. I have narrowed it down to dynaport or AEM

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
No jetting at all? That is nice. What pipe are you running? I heard good and bad about so many. I have narrowed it down to dynaport or AEM

I WOULD PUT IN A SINGLE PIPE, AND NICE CAN, AND REEDS:cool:..... ALL BOLT ON, AND SHOULDN'T HAVE TO TOUCH THE JETTING AT ALL? A CLUTCH KIT WOULD BE THE NEXT IN MY ARSENOL. JUST MY 2 CENTS..... KEEP US IN TOUCH WITH WHAT YOU DOO.;)

kittyhunter

Reaction score
I just bought a titanium spring about 10 minutes ago and I am going to definitely going to put on a pipe. I was worried about the pipe after doing up my 700 MXZ a couple of years ago and blowing the top end shortly after. Kind of a different scenario but it still made me cautious. Thanks for the advice and please keep it coming if you have any more. I can always use more power

kittyhunter

Reaction score
I WOULD PUT IN A SINGLE PIPE, AND NICE CAN, AND REEDS:cool:..... ALL BOLT ON, AND SHOULDN'T HAVE TO TOUCH THE JETTING AT ALL? A CLUTCH KIT WOULD BE THE NEXT IN MY ARSENOL. JUST MY 2 CENTS..... KEEP US IN TOUCH WITH WHAT YOU DOO.;)

Reeds? I thought that reeds only make a difference if you port and polish? Is that innaccurate? there is so much for and against reeds out there I don't know who to believe.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reeds really woke my throttle response up plus the stock Doo reed boots crack and peal apart which can melt your top end.

kittyhunter

Reaction score
Reeds will give you a bit more snap but no more horseys.
Spend some time with clutching.

Thanks, I am going to work on my clutching as well.
When I did all of the work to my 700 MXZ some of the biggest noticeable differences were when I worked of the clutch

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 05 800 ho dyna port can team clutch my pal tunes the spring in it you have to figure the right one to put in to get a little more one more thing is the gear that drives her mine has 24 teeth i believe on the hard pack around 175 to 185 thats fast enough for me

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i always said if u want more power buy a bigger sled no replacement for displacement just my 2 cents:)

Top Bottom