What to buy

Froglegs

Reaction score
so I have a 2004 Summit 800 I love the rev but I have allway had a soft spot for polaris growing up on them I am now selling my sled now and going now looking at a 600 pro or a 800 pro rmk?I hate the gas milage of my Summit but love the power does the 800 make a big enough power difference to justify a 800

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say depends what ur riding is like.. We have a 600 that rides with us and he sticks right by us in the deep but if we start to giver over a field the 600 is a bit behind.. The power to weight ratio is good tho...I think the 800 only puts out like 14 hp more or something

Froglegs

Reaction score
Well I just sold my 04 rev and looking pretty hard at the pro rmks 600 has any one had trouble on long hard packed trails trying to get in to the steep and deep

Sent from my Milestone X2

turboassault

Reaction score
That 600 will go just about anywhere the 800 will. It may take a little longer and be a little slower but will have no problem getting into the areas that your buddies with the 800 go into. If you asking for opinions i would buy the 800, but only because its the biggest they got. If they had a 900 or 1000 i would probably buy that if the weight was close to the same. Hope this helps.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I just sold my 04 rev and looking pretty hard at the pro rmks 600 has any one had trouble on long hard packed trails trying to get in to the steep and deep

Sent from my Milestone X2

Put down your scratchers when you are on the trail and you will have no trouble if the temps starts to rise I speed up a little and it drops back down from the extra snow be kicked up. As soon as you try to run the trail with them up you will have problems.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your really worried about fuel mileage the new 800Pro is the first new sled I have owned that did not go empty at 60-65 miles of mountain riding.I have gotten as many as 76miles on a tank and I pretty much have the throttle taped to the bars all day.For next year I am going to remove my gas rack as I just do not need it any more.Last ride was 55 miles and I put 31l of Shell Gold to fill it up.

Top Bottom