What sled should I buy?????????

donmcm

Reaction score
I rode a M8 Snow Pro "Arctic Cat" and really liked the way it turned then I got on a Ski-Doo Summit and it seemed like it was hard to turn. Was that my imagination or is the Summit harder to turn?

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spend some time on the doo u will get use to it, i went from a poo poo to a doo doo and after some time on it she worked out. as far as the cat or any machine it takes time, YOU have to manouvre it not let the sled do it

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode a M8 Snow Pro "Arctic Cat" and really liked the way it turned then I got on a Ski-Doo Summit and it seemed like it was hard to turn. Was that my imagination or is the Summit harder to turn?

it is if you got rubber arms.....lol

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had mine done at the dealer and havent changed it back yet for local, if i remember put the front shocks at # 1 setting

GPsnownut

Reaction score
don't even waste your time on the doo, go with the M8, you felt what it was like from start, it only gets more confortable and is the best mountain sled out there for reliablity and handling

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who has a good dealer by you? then buy there, there all good sleds now a days.

t-bomb

Reaction score
If you buy a new M8 keep your eye on the waterpump I have seen two give out and burn the sled down befor they hit the 50 mile mark.

I ended up buying the 2010 Assault this year and no issues once I pluged in the little "magic" wire that comes unplugged from factory. Just make sur you run the correct fuel. It is not as good in the deep because of the track but sure like it alot. STD RMK 700 or 800 with aftermarket bars and shocks would be nice set up. Not a huge fan of Air shocks because if they go your SOL

It was a toss up between the cat HCR and Assault but I figure that with polaris recalling all the 8's and cat having a brand new 800 the polaris would have the bugs worked out...Time will tell I guess.

Looked at the doo but I didn't like how it wasn't fuel injected and the throdle was stiff compared to othe two and when i sat on it I didn't like the feel. seen lots of guys flip them over and pull and pull because they are flooded.

FI two strokes run upsidedown where I seem to find myself aleast once/twice a ride.

Looked at the 4stroke yama, rode a buddies nitro and didn't like it at all (heavy) and he went to a drag 800 this year and said he likes it way better. Good reliability but one other thing I hated was the exhaust out the back when you are stuck and breathing in the exhaust while trying to lift it out.

my 2 cents

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pull out the sway bars and that doo will turn just as easy as a cat...oh ya get the doo.

m8cat

Reaction score
don't even waste your time on the doo, go with the M8, you felt what it was like from start, it only gets more confortable and is the best mountain sled out there for reliablity and handling

I'm with snownut, bypass all the trying to make your sled be better and just go with the M8 to start with.....

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I run an M8 Sno Pro and totally love the steering and handling. My hubby is also leaning towards Arctic Cat just because of the way mine handles. Imagine a die-heard Modded Yamaha sledder with over 300hp talking about going stock !?! I don't think he will actually make the leap, but he definitely is tempted...

When I was searching, alot of people told me the Doo's are harder to get used to steering wise, but once you do get it, you will be hooked. My opinion is biased, but I liked the Kitty Kat straight out of the box, and I will never go back!

Happy Shopping!

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PFFFF It's all about the doo's. Kitty cat's are better to mod, Like stock an xp will eat a cat, But with bolt-on mod's, The cat will be over 200hp+. But the xp will be at 160? (Dont rip me for this, Not sure.) I've seen more xp's not break down then cats on the hill!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing you can try is to call a few repair shops . That will give you an idea of what can go wrong and what gets worked on the most. I learned this from my other half when we we buy new washer and dryer and fridge and stove.

But my personal opinion is buy a Cat then you can look back , only to see where the rest of the sleds are;)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im just curious to see how many people have some serious seat time on all 4 machines. i do and i will say the xp sticks out way above the rest in stock form as far as handleing, ergonomics, suspension, power...weight, and clutching by far. they just want to leap up on top of the snow unlike the other manufactueres.. even modded they are all 2 stroke and with bolt on mods will yeild the same HP. sure the cats are more popular to turbo...doesnt mean the xpT doesnt work people are just skeptical because of the carbs...bt thats a differant debate. an 860,880 xp on nitrous is a rediculous machine.

they are all good machiens. but in my experience the doo would stand out above the rest. i have not been on a 2010 HCR maybe that will change my mind...doubtfull its still an old chassis design.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing you can try is to call a few repair shops . That will give you an idea of what can go wrong and what gets worked on the most. I learned this from my other half when we we buy new washer and dryer and fridge and stove.

But my personal opinion is buy a Cat then you can look back , only to see where the rest of the sleds are;)

You know some people havent woke up yet,[lol] I get a kick out of the oh mine will kick the sh!t out of yours stuff. as said earlier there all good till they break. cheers its close to 5, rye and coke coming up

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[/SIZE]

You know some people havent woke up yet,[lol] I get a kick out of the oh mine will kick the sh!t out of yours stuff. as said earlier there all good till they break. cheers its close to 5, rye and coke coming up

I bet you drive a chev...lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom