What should i sell?? (need opinions)

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last winter my group showed another group around the Fernie ride area and one of the guys had a new Polaris Pro-Ride. Immediate love-at-first-ride. I now need one! *sigh* (wish i never had got one that sled)(

I have two sleds and HAVE to part with one if im going to pick up a pro (wife's orders)

Sled 1: 2008 700 dragon 155. Brand new engine and setup the way i want it with extra goodies (btr-boards, slp can, clutching, etc...)

Sled 2: 2002 Vertical Edge 155 back-up sled and used for friends and family when theirs break down or someone wants to go for a rip. 2500 miles.

Im leaning towards selling my dragon and keeping the 02', as the dragon will depreciate quicker than my 02' will over the next 3 - 4 years (suggesting another upgrade will happen in 3 - 4 years).

The 02' is a little easier to ride for newbies (not so tippy like the dragon is). I dont ride the 02' sled at all - even if the dragons down i dont like riding this sled as a back-up (its a beast compared to the dragon to carve).
If i sold the 02 and kept the dragon, i would not be riding the dragon anymore anyways. Plus i see 02' parts are MUCH cheaper than dragon parts and easier to work on.

Thoughts/Opinions??

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your 02 worth 2500+/- right now in good condition will stay that way for the next three years like you said.
the 08 Dragon probably 5500-6000. depending on condiotn, but will drop to the 2500 mark in the next 2 years probably.
i would sell the dragon, not many out there guys like the chassis but hate the 800 and 900 engine issues that the 700s did not have, a bit more demand for the 7's imo.

if you never ride the 02 sell both and would nearly pay for the new pro, then if needed rent when yours is dead, and let your buddies buy their own freekin ride. just sayin.

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
magnet is right, get rid of both and let your buddies figure it out for themselves.......... if your gonna keep one keep the 02....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never could understand the whole thought process behind buying an extra sled so your buddies can come riding. If a guy has to buy a sled to get someone to come with him he needs new friends IMO.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never could understand the whole thought process behind buying an extra sled so your buddies can come riding. If a guy has to buy a sled to get someone to come with him he needs new friends IMO.

Glad I am not one of your friends...

I hadn't owned a sled in 10 years and one of my best friends managed to take me out for a weekend, my first trip in the mountains. I was able to ride his spare sled for the remainder of that season. After that I made the choice I wanted to get back into sledding % 100.

Had they not had a spare, I likely wouldn't have be able to get out.(and see how much I would enjoy riding in the mountains) Now we can both take people(friends) to the mountains for their first trips because we have spares.

I would sell the '07, you will get more now than you will in 2-3 years.

Last edited:

Skinnykid

Reaction score
I would sell the Dragon. Demand for a newer sled at a decent price is high right now. I.M.O It is nice to have a spare sled that you can let your buddies ride as thats how a lot of us get into this addicting sport!!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just a side note.... we always take a spare sled just in case..... and well he is a po po owner so u need at least one back up...

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol.....!! Interesting responses. Okay, thanks guys. I figured i had it right. Just wanted to run it by the 'brain-trust' to make sure.

BTW- The extra sled is also for the wife too and my daughter when she gets old enough. Not just for 'dead-beat' friends.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep the dragon. probably a better sled for the wife, and besides, i just had to be different.

spook222

Reaction score
My problem with having an older loaner (ie:non fuel injected) is that the reasons I got a new sled were for the fuel injection to get rid of the jetting and to have it run good all the time. the new one accomplished this. and also the performance of the new sled allowed me to go places I couldnt before, at least not as easy. I enjoy taking friends out and introducing them to this awesome sport. between newbie friends and the ones without a sled that come with me more often, the loaner comes with alot. This means I'm strapped to this older sled that I got out of but still can only go where the old one could go in the first place. still have to jet and such. My new loaner is an m8 and no more worries:d

Top Bottom