What should I Look 4 when buying Sled Deck?

wheresjd

Reaction score
What should I look for when buying an Aluminum sled deck?
want it to fit a 2000 chevy long box, old body style. I don't think I want the side slide outs, as the sleds will prob. always be on it, when its on the truck.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
want it to fit a 2000 chevy long box, old body style. I don't think I want the side slide outs, as the sleds will prob. always be on it, when its on the truck.
albertagal500 has one for sale

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HEAD ON DOWN TO MARATHON MARINE HERE IN EDMONTON, AND GET THEM TO SHOW YOU ALL THE FEATURES ON THEIR DECKS.... THEY ARE SLIGHTLY PRICEY, BUT WELL WORTH IT! YOU COULD PM CHELLE ON THE SITE HERE, AS SHE IS THE FOREMAN AT MARATHON, AND GET HER TO TELL YOU ALL ABOUT THE DECKS AND FEATURES....... :beer::d

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raven truck acessories in edmonton has them also, not marathon but still a very good product.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at the welds, lights, lights under deck?? how is it mounted? tie downs? bolt down? what kind of ramp? does it look sturdy? is it long enough for your application? how long is the deck? wide enough for you 2 sleds? good reputation of the company?

Good luck!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it a used aluminium deck check all the stress points and welds for cracks and your good to go!
catmando!

Last edited:

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score

Hey there Wheresjd

Here's a couple things to keep in mind when considering a deck for your truck.

1. Can your truck handle the weight? It must be at least a 3/4 ton
  2. How does it fasten to the truck? The deck must be bolted through the box!!! We strongly recomend that people do not use the factory tie downs as they are not rated!!!!!
  3. Most decks now have slide out sides but check the construction. Will the deck "sag" in the rear corner once loaded if it's not constructed properly.
  4. Loading? Make sure that your ramp system is going to work flawlessly even when it's -20.
  5. Will the manufacturer stand behind their product? Warranty? Where is it built and tested?
  6. How are your sleds going to be secured to the deck? All of our decks come with two superclamps standard as the superclamp is the best way to safely clamp your sled down.

Please feel free to stop by here and talk to Jay or one of our dealers including Raven truck accessories. We'd be happy to answer any question you've got.

Cheers

Michelle

Top Bottom