what riding area gets the most pow?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Are you talking from Fernie to Stewart??? Shouldn't take you more than 1 long day or 1 and a half at most. It's only 7 to 8 hours from Prince George to Stewart, depending on how heavy your foot is of course.

6 to Edmontonchuck, another 6 to PG and like you said another 7-8 to Stewart. Well that would be 20 hours if the roads were good and the weather cooperated. Maybe I was thinking it was further up the coast than that.

That would be into 2 days for me and maybe touching the third a little. Can't drive those 20-24 hours like I used to.........

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6 to Edmontonchuck, another 6 to PG and like you said another 7-8 to Stewart. Well that would be 20 hours if the roads were good and the weather cooperated. Maybe I was thinking it was further up the coast than that.

That would be into 2 days for me and maybe touching the third a little. Can't drive those 20-24 hours like I used to.........

Maybe I'm missing something ferniesnow, I assumed by your handle that you lived in Fernie. If you do live in Fernie, why would you travel all the way to Edmonstone before swinging west???

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something ferniesnow, I assumed by your handle that you lived in Fernie. If you do live in Fernie, why would you travel all the way to Edmonstone before swinging west???

It is 10 hours to Kamloops from here. Take the math from there and how much further is it? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think so.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is 10 hours to Kamloops from here. Take the math from there and how much further is it? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think so.

Google Map it then take 3 hours off for a trip that long and you should be pretty close.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Isn't fernie old? He probably only drives during daylight hours so 20hrs is three days. Lmao

Jk fernie

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Google Maps..........

• Trans-Canada Hwy/Yellowhead Highway W/BC-16 W

• 2,022 km, 25 hours
    Trans-Canada Hwy/Yellowhead Highway W and Trans-Canada Hwy/Yellowhead Highway W/BC-16 W

• 2,096 km, 27 hours
    Crowsnest Hwy/BC-3 W

according to the Bible of travel there it is. Not counting weather, sleeps and eating it is getting into the 3rd day in my books at 10 hours/day.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google Maps..........

• 2,022 km, 25 hours
    Trans-Canada Hwy/Yellowhead Highway W and Trans-Canada Hwy/Yellowhead Highway W/BC-16 W

• 2,096 km, 27 hours
    Crowsnest Hwy/BC-3 W

according to the Bible of travel there it is. Not counting weather, sleeps and eating it is getting into the 3rd day in my books at 10 hours/day.

Come on 25 hrs is a one day drive. Kick it up to 120kmh and shazam your there in 24 even with drive through and pizz breaks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Come on 25 hrs is a one day drive. Kick it up to 120kmh and shazam your there in 24 even with drive through and pizz breaks

Like I said before, I'm not into the long drives anymore. The 16-20 hour drives out of the north are a thing of my past and memories have been made of those long drives.

10 hours a day is long enough now.........I ain't no spring chicken!!!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said before, I'm not into the long drives anymore. The 16-20 hour drives out of the north are a thing of my past and memories have been made of those long drives.

10 hours a day is long enough now.........I ain't no spring chicken!!!!

We know now go to to bed! Lmao!!

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

10 hours a day is long enough now.........I ain't no spring chicken!!!![/QUOTE
You need partners to split it up a bit. I used to do Vancouver and back to Edmonton non stop in a little over 26 and even made it to Whitehorse from Edmonton in a little over 27. Solo!

But I like a challenge. Lol

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google Maps..........

• 2,022 km, 25 hours
  • 2,096 km, 27 hours
    Crowsnest Hwy/BC-3 W

We went from Kimberley to Burns lake in a day via the icefields parkway then drove to Smithers, skied a half day and pulled into Terrace that evening. We were pulling a sled trailer as well. But don't forget the fishing gear.

Last edited:

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have never been to Fernie and assumed that it was maybe 4 or 5 hours to Kamloops from the southeast corner of the province :eek:.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google Maps..........

• 2,022 km, 25 hours
  • 2,096 km, 27 hours
    Crowsnest Hwy/BC-3 W

1,650 km, 21 hours 34 mins
Trans-Canada Hwy/Yellowhead Highway W/BC-16 W

2,018 km, 25 hours

2,031 km, 26 hours
Crowsnest Hwy/BC-3 W

My search from Fernie to Stewart brought back this. Though it looks like the top distance has been chopped off in your post, so maybe it is more in line. That is still 2 days of driving max at 10 hr days.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
1,650 km, 21 hours 34 mins
Trans-Canada Hwy/Yellowhead Highway W/BC-16 W

2,018 km, 25 hours

2,031 km, 26 hours
Crowsnest Hwy/BC-3 W

My search from Fernie to Stewart brought back this. Though it looks like the top distance has been chopped off in your post, so maybe it is more in line. That is still 2 days of driving max at 10 hr days.

It does make for interesting banter. Still a long friggin' drive..........IMHO.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just need to find a couple guys to split it up with. It's amazing how much longer I can last in a car when you don't have to drive the whole thing.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just need to find a couple guys to split it up with. It's amazing how much longer I can last in a car when you don't have to drive the whole thing.

There would be two of us but only one driver for most of the way. My better half is amazing but a little nervous with 2 sleds on the deck and winter driving.

And I wouldn't be going to that amazing snow with her staying at home.......hehehehe

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Down town in Hyder last winter. Just to keep you interested. Best to go fairly late as it snows a LOT earlier! DSC00789.JPG

Top Bottom