what radios to buy?

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what type of radios do i want what brands are good where can i get them? what features do i want thanks. 2 ways for mountain riding

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the Garmin Rino 530. GPS, 2 way, gmrs all in one. $ 400 ish. USA version good to 14 miles "line of site" also has tracking of other rino users in the area. very cool feature

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I run Cobras, Canadian Tire Specials. They work great,
As far as features go, they all seem to be simular except for reception distance and the Garmin's with the built in GPS
Remember, these are line of site and in the mountains they may only be good for a portion of the distance claimed.
:)

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Got some of those Cobras also from Ukrainian tire. Was unloading one time @ Km 7 on Clemina trail on a clear day & doing a radio check with our group.... Ended up talking to some guys on top of Westridge.... Thought that was kind of cool !

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
We struggled a bit communicating with the Rhino's in the past and have heard the same form others, don't know why though?
Got some of those Cobras also from Ukrainian tire. Was unloading one time @ Km 7 on Clemina trail on a clear day & doing a radio check with our group.... Ended up talking to some guys on top of Westridge.... Thought that was kind of cool !

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cosco has some Motorola's I think for about $100.00 with good range. I was going to get a set of those. Had the Cobra's before and the range was not that great.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i recently bought 2 sets of motorolas - one from the source for $80 with 29km range (on sale)& then other from canadian tire with 40 km range for $80 with a head set ( on sale). haven't tried them yet but people i ride with swear by them

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We struggled a bit communicating with the Rhino's in the past and have heard the same form others, don't know why though?

Must of been Doo Riders........Tell them they have to push the button!
LOL! LMAO!HA! HA!
catmando!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Motorola radio...........Best Buy..
Gps Lowrance Hunt C Unbelievable mapping...........Fishin hole

Top Bottom