What is your goal or thing to conquer this winter?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to ride every weekend. Doubt it will happen but one can dream. Hopefully have 6 feet of snow at home this year.

I hope so too.

I just don't want to get hurt this winter

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to Baja 1000 as a video dude but I want to run the da race and win it.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck with knee.

Mine sure hurts in the cold since my operation

X2 Id take it easy first season back. I rode in mine 7 months after my operation and I wish I would of waited a little longer. A full year off would have been best in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My goal for the season is to try to lose my fear and anxiety of riding in new places. I seriously lose my shizzle if I have to leave home overnight. Logic tells me my kids are big, and able to take care of themselves. The youngest are ages 15 and 17 super good kids, responsible, with lots of my friends and their dad looking out for them... but then my mind starts going all funky chicken on me... So now I shall probably simply stress about Pedro my chocolate lab pup..

I would like to ride new places, meet new people so wish me luck!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My goal for the season is to try to lose my fear and anxiety of riding in new places. I seriously lose my shizzle if I have to leave home overnight. Logic tells me my kids are big, and able to take care of themselves. The youngest are ages 15 and 17 super good kids, responsible, with lots of my friends and their dad looking out for them... but then my mind starts going all funky chicken on me... So now I shall probably simply stress about Pedro my chocolate lab pup..

I would like to ride new places, meet new people so wish me luck!

Is it perhaps the people you are riding with that sketch you out? Or just the fact that your a mom?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it perhaps the people you are riding with that sketch you out? Or just the fact that your a mom?

The fact that I'm a mom for sure. Good people to ride with that I trust.. I just hate leaving home.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do have another goal.. working towards it right now. I have a group of kids in Creston I call my "sled Kids"..There are almost 20 of these kids now ranging in age from 13 to 19. I freakin love them. I've teamed up with Search and Rescue leader Heidi Muller here to mentor these guys weekly. We cover avalanche awareness, back country preparation and awareness, first aid.. sled skills and more. I have applied for a grant through the participaction campaign to get 10 sets of transciever shovels and probes along with a snow study kit for the kids. I would like these to be loaners.. so that is one goal.. along with helping these kids, and my club host another level 1 ast, and a level 2 ast.. Wish us luck!!

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To keep up to Teth Air in that ravine which also has huge creek holes in the bottom you can't see! It's me in that pic and to be honest I almost added a brown racing stripe to the FXR when we ended up there! Gotta lose about 25 lbs to get a better angle of the dangle. LOL!

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long list of stuff to get done this year got the crap kicked out of it with fires, new job, new city and moving further away from the mountains.

Dear Santa
I have been a really good dude this year, storing up all kinds of brownie points by not having great winters for sledding or being able to make trips to the mountains.
Here is my list:
new sled (I hope the Sidewinders are not as awesome as they look, because I really want to buy a Popo SKS)
unpack sled trailer of stuff left over from the move
join the McMurray Sno Drifters club
do 1 week sled trip in March to Vernon
get at least 1 sled trip to Valemount /Mcbride
do a Revy trip and meet Dan (Lil Duke) for a beer (not to ride with, he looks like he enjoys riding way too much to spend all the time digging me out LOL)
put on at least 2500 kms on new sled this year (can the Popo do it with out popping the engine?)
repeat La Nina 2010/2011 Winter for snow

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We can definitely do a beer:beer:

My goals for this winter are:

1- Move to BC permanently.

2- get really good at whipping gap jumps

3-Few new descends I haven't done, explore a few different zones ext

4- Whistler trip, I really want to go ride with some friends down there for a week or 2.

5- Most importantly: Don't get hurt.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1. 30 days of riding
2. Rack up some more air miles
3. Meet some new shredderz

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1. Make a Sicamous trip.
2. Improve my tree riding skills.
3. Convince my group to hire a guide and blast zones I'd never find on my own.
4. Stay safe with no injuries.

a guide is worth its weight in gold, when I first started bc trips 10 years ago we always followed tracks and had ****ty rides then we started to hire guides and had awesome trips ever since

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got out about 20 times last year and finally started to get the hang of riding this thing. So this year it is to start using it for the reason I originally bought it, skiing. But also want to just ride for ridings sake. To that end going to try to arrange to work 4 days a week so I have another day to ride. After that, it is to get out into some new zones, there are a ton of places around Whistler I haven't seen,and I might just be able to actually manage to access now.

this is all assuming I can actual ride as I currently have a pinched nerve that makes it impossible for me to even ride a bike, let alone hold onto a sled.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a guide is worth its weight in gold, when I first started bc trips 10 years ago we always followed tracks and had ****ty rides then we started to hire guides and had awesome trips ever since

I've used Rene in Sicamous a couple times and it's been well, well worth it. I'm always down for a guide, it's convincing everyone else that's tricky.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got out about 20 times last year and finally started to get the hang of riding this thing. So this year it is to start using it for the reason I originally bought it, skiing. But also want to just ride for ridings sake. To that end going to try to arrange to work 4 days a week so I have another day to ride. After that, it is to get out into some new zones, there are a ton of places around Whistler I haven't seen,and I might just be able to actually manage to access now.

this is all assuming I can actual ride as I currently have a pinched nerve that makes it impossible for me to even ride a bike, let alone hold onto a sled.

If you can figure out how to get a 4 day work week over the whole winter, please post tips!

Top Bottom