What is the loudest can for a etec?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had both the Specialty and TSS .
TSS is the loudest and looks like it was built from a Princess Auto tractor muffler.
The Specialty one is a much nicer quality but a bit quieter.
Run HPS or stock as like the quieter note . 😉😉

Yah my thoughts too! The TSS is horrible quality, the welds on them are terrible!

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your probably not going to like some of the responses your going to get! But I think the npp can is loud or mbrp is pretty loud. But the loudest I heard is my GGB can it loud!

How are the GGB? I just did some research and they are like $289 canadian which is a lot cheaper then most!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you SURE you had specialty loud can? They have 2 models. There is nothing louder than there "loud" can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rode with a guy that had the loud can. It was like the size of a beer can, total ear bleeder.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are the GGB? I just did some research and they are like $289 canadian which is a lot cheaper then most!!

It's nice the quality is very good! My sled never had any codes come up. I think with shipping gst and all it was $315.

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Specialty loudest ive heard. Buddy has one and when he mashes the throttle my mbrp race cant even be heard

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No kidding eh! Nothing annoys me more than loud exhausts

I dont want the loudest exhaust on the trail but i do like a loud exhaust for a few reasons.

1. Light weight
2. Safety- I like to hear when a buddy is coming up behind me so i dont swing over into his line.
3. Communication - I like to be able to shut off my sled and listen for my friends to locate them.
4. Mechanically i can hear the rpms better whenn im doing a pull and can notice if theres a bog or hesitation better with the can.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont want the loudest exhaust on the trail but i do like a loud exhaust for a few reasons.

1. Light weight
2. Safety- I like to hear when a buddy is coming up behind me so i dont swing over into his line.
3. Communication - I like to be able to shut off my sled and listen for my friends to locate them.
4. Mechanically i can hear the rpms better whenn im doing a pull and can notice if theres a bog or hesitation better with the can.
But it's been proven that too loud can cause avalanches from eco and sound, where quiter one wouldn't....

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But it's been proven that too loud can cause avalanches from eco and sound, where quiter one wouldn't....

True but im yet to see it but it always crosses my mind. Again im not talking about finding the loudest can just a mid range one.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

1. Light weight

Look at the hps can then. It 4 or 5 decibel s louder than stock and works well with the e tec

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I asked Lori if that was true in our avy course and she said that it's not true. They is not enough vibration from sound waves.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked Lori if that was true in our avy course and she said that it's not true. They is not enough vibration from sound waves.

So the eco's won't trigger them

Helicopter eco's can

And so Lori is the be all say all of it then??

Mabe u should get Mythbusters to prove or unprove it

Last edited:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the eco's won't trigger them

Helicopter eco's can

And so Lori is the be all say all of it then??

Mabe u should get Mythbusters to prove or unprove it
I would hold Lori's opinion in a higher regard than yours. Sorry just saying...

The woman has devoted years of her life to avalanche safety and it's pertinence to snowmobiling; she's likely a pretty good resource.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The woman has devoted years of her life to avalanche safety and it's pertinence to snowmobiling; she's likely a pretty good resource.

Same here. And a heli has a way different sounds then a sled. I could see a heli starting a slide it has a hard thumping sound, where a sled has a high pitch sound.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I know she's awesome , but there are many other as good avalanche people out there

Point I was making is to just say Lori says, she must be the say all be all then isn't right to say

Top Bottom