what is the best way to polish a tunnel?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
PM Ron,he is selling an amazing product called Gords Polish!
catmando!
Or the old fasion way,If its done right,it aint easy!

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used Mothers Aluminum Polish, a power buffer to apply the paste and work it in. The finish only comes from a rag, elbow grease and lots of it. Its a good summer project, I was happy with the out come. Oh ya and it took quite a few beer, these will help you power through, mentaly that is.

Paul

dirtbag

Reaction score
well holy crap you guys like to work hard.....you can get a die grinder and felt bobs with white polishing compound and give er then hit it with mothers and rags by hand....polishing is actually removeing material, the die grinder and bobs work pretty quick,and mothers is a great protector but not a good polishing compound,and to do it all by hand would be like walking vs driveing...princess auto has polishing compound ,bobs, and die grinder cheap.....good luck

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up the polishing kit from Princess Auto a week ago. Works great and it’s not too hard to do.:beer:

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up the polishing kit from Princess Auto a week ago. Works great and it’s not too hard to do.:beer:

I have done lot's of polishing on many difrerent aplication and tried just about anyting and I would have to go with "Mikew5j" on this one, it's a bit of a dirty job but you wont get a shine like this with any other product. There are may ways and technique on doing it but this would be the best. For tose of you who had a chance to see Darren sled (Nytro) @ E&S that one has been done with the similour polishing product.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and if you have lots of scratches use soom 1000 grit wet/dry and wd40 and just sand them out... the scratches come out and puts a nice finish once you polish...

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done lot's of polishing on many difrerent aplication and tried just about anyting and I would have to go with "Mikew5j" on this one, it's a bit of a dirty job but you wont get a shine like this with any other product. There are may ways and technique on doing it but this would be the best. For tose of you who had a chance to see Darren sled (Nytro) @ E&S that one has been done with the similour polishing product.

Credit given where credit is due. I found out about the Princess Auto kit thanks to Sleeper700’s post. :wtg:

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope this works,

Attachments

• Nytro.jpg
    Nytro.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 34

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually you all have it wrong . ..start by slapping on with a wet cloth full off mineral spirits....then take a scotch bright pad to pull out dents or spots ....after that ..don't wipe !!! apply Mothers aluminum metal polish and rub in until dark ...wait till it fogs and with a fresh cloth buff off ................very very easy trust me me with the amount of chrome and aluminum on my truck I look for the easiest way PS the key is the mineral spirits !
IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_0438-1.jpg

Top Bottom