what is the best thing you ever found?

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was standing in the customs line up in Vancouver International Airport one time and on the floor in front of me was a roll of money, like the size of a "rolling pin". I picked it up and asked the dude in front of me if it was his, which I figured it was. Gave it to him and felt pretty good. :)

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went riding to Swan Hills removed cover no dess plug on my sled......oh chit its always left on.....got pissed off started lookin finally found it under my secondary clutch saw a piece of the cord stickin out. how it got there not sure didn't care was just glad I found it. oh yeah and of course Snow Girl is also up ther with the best things I found. or did she find me and I just wouldn't leave:confused::confused:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i was 15 sledding just north of wandering river i stopped on the edge of an open slough, i looked down and found a fresh caribou shed antler. That was the first shedded antler i ever found. Last spring i found this deer head.

Attachments

• Nice rack.jpg
    Nice rack.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Nice rack 2.jpg
    Nice rack 2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 23

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming out of a movie Theatre in Edmonton and spotted a wallet poking out under my truck, looked through it ...no money but had DL and Credit cards...Tried for couple of days to call the guy, then just showed up at his door...the meat head accused me of taking his money....as I was walking away I could hear his wife screaming at him do you really think he's bother to bring it back if he took it ....

Also came across a jacked up pick up with low profile summer tires on it parked on the side of the hwy . It was -37 and 11:00 pm. One tire had broken it’s bead, in the truck was a young mother two young kids and a DVD player to keep the kids quiet. They had been there three hours already, she had tried to get the spare off and couldn’t, also had called AMA friends and was waiting….I but on my snow suit and tried to get the tire off, then drove home to get some tools and look for a spare that would fit her truck….came back with tools …still couldn’t get the darn tire off the crank jack was stripped and could get to it to even cut the cable. So I took the tire and wheel home warmed it up and re sealed the bead, then went and but the tire on her truck…..was 1:30 when we finished the ordeal…..she decided to go visit someone with two little kids light winter coats no boots hats or gloves….with the wind it was around -45…..

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The best thing we ever found was a 9 year old girl and her dog that had been lost for two days in the Ram River Falls area. This was quite a few years back. She wandered away from camp and lost her way. She ended up stumbling across an old abandoned trappers cabin in Lynx Creek and held up there till she was found.

Gforce have you posted a thread for the camera? Maybe it was an S&Mer that lost the camera :(

Did you get to keep her??????????

Just buggin...good on ya...must've been a cool feeling

ONE of the best things I ever found was a good divorce lawyer

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ONE of the best things I ever found was a good divorce lawyer

This is an Oxymoron, if I ever heard one....

ox·y·mo·ra (-môr'ə, -mōr'ə) or ox·y·mo·rons
A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence or good lawyer.

But part of the word works to discribe lawyers....

This has been a brief mental break...now Back to the regular scheduled post.

Must have been an amazinig feeling finding that young girl.....

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were camping at a lake once and this lady lost her wedding rings she said they were valued at over &10,000 each and due to a medical condion she was having her fingers had shrunk so they fell off,everyone in the campground was lookin for awhile but to no avail,the next morning I was down on the sandy lake shore wading around and looked down in the water and noticed somthing shiny,it was a 1of her rings so I felt around there the sand and wallaa there was the other,I couldnt believe it that after a full day of people in and out and swimming around that they werent baried deep in the sand,She was so happy that she tried to give me $500 dollars but I said no,so we settled on a case of beer.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
You know when you pay your $15.00 trail pass everytime you go sleddin in the mountains .... well last summer I'm rummaging thru my pack pack and low and behold ... a fist full of fives (change from the twentys) whoo hoo. Stupid I know but its like reaching into an old coat and finding a twenty! I take pleasure in the little things I guess!! :beer::d:beer:

KMKjr

Reaction score
Best find ever was a brand new 8 pack of Bud, in the snow and already chilled!!

S

sldgy

I found a beautiful, intelligent woman to be my bride 38 years ago!!

Eastcapeangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know why I remembered this... But several years ago My buddy & me were just dinkin around ....A place called Fall creek. In ID. Came across a hawk. Red tail maybe, it was injured. How we bagged it is beyond me now. Being too stupid & full of beer we decided to take it to the fish cops. hoping they would do something. Fawkin bird could have bit our fingers off.
Fish cops didn't seem to give a ch!t. I'm sure the bird was destroyed:(
But we couldn't let the feller die.

Top Bottom