what is the best thing you ever found?

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i found a hand grenade on a trail out near grave flats, ruby falls area when i was about 20 . it was real but , the explosives were removed. so it was hollow . when we throw house partys after the bar and no one wanted to leave at 5 am . i would bring it out . should of seen them scatter. don,t have it anymore as the RC's found out and confiscated it , just when we were about to have the house vacated. it was alot of fun

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
The best thing we ever found was a 9 year old girl and her dog that had been lost for two days in the Ram River Falls area. This was quite a few years back. She wandered away from camp and lost her way. She ended up stumbling across an old abandoned trappers cabin in Lynx Creek and held up there till she was found.

Gforce have you posted a thread for the camera? Maybe it was an S&Mer that lost the camera :(

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
damit . i thought i had this one in the bag . but you got me SUMX54 . thats gotta make a guy feel good , happy endings i mean

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the last pics on the camera show sept 08 and i found it near the alpac mill..if anyone can tell me what type of photos that are on it..they can get it back..just pm me with the details:)..oh ya.excellent job finding the little girl..what a relief that must have been for the parents..man good job:beer:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I found a boat adrift in BC. Rcmp looked for the owner for a year then the coast guard signed it over to me!!! It was valued at 6k.
Used it for a couple of years then I gave it away .... seemed like the right thing to do. Gave it to someone who wanted a boat but couldn't afford it. :beer::d:beer:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best thing i every found was my wife:d:d:d:d:d i had an ace in the hole, cause she didnt know me.....lol now after 25 yrs she can't leave she said it
would take to long to train another man.....lol

course finding the lost girl is awesome, :wtg::wtg::wtg:

Terry

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Along with the numerous pets we have found, there is something else kind of cool that the kids found. Coming out of the grocery store a 100.00 bill flew into my daughter's face. We talked about how it would feel to lose a hundred dollars and decided to take it to the lost and found. After a week no one claimed it, so Tatum donated it to the Canadian Cancer fund. She did so as we have a good friend going through chemo.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on a trail by elinor lake i found a little boat motor..must of fell off someones quad trailer..still got it and have no use what so ever for it.its a little trolling motor

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
best thing i every found was my wife:d:d:d:d:d i had an ace in the hole, cause she didnt know me.....lol now after 25 yrs she can't leave she said it
would take to long to train another man.....lol

course finding the lost girl is awesome, :wtg::wtg::wtg:

Terry

Beat me to it, I thought I would be the first to post finding hubby was the best thing I ever found.

JHeffner

Reaction score
:canadaflag::perfect10::perfect10:I found the coolest outhouse in the world up past hidden Lake in BC. The fallers built it up 6ft off the ground. It had a coregated plastic roof and curtains for walls. the front was open to a awsome veiw of the river valley. Because it was built up so high you couldnt make out if there was a person in it or not. It even had a toilet seat. of course I had to pressure test it. One of my favs......... :clap2:

JHeffner

Reaction score
:canadaflag::perfect10::perfect10:I found the coolest outhouse in the world up past hidden Lake in BC. The fallers built it up 6ft off the ground. It had a coregated plastic roof and curtains for walls. the front was open to a awsome veiw of the river valley. Because it was built up so high you couldnt make out if there was a person in it or not. It even had a toilet seat. of course I had to pressure test it. One of my favs......... :clap2:
Got a little carried away with the smiles there

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too would say my wife.

Like the I always say...for better or for worse......I could not do any better, she could not do any worse!!!

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a just crashed cesna 180 while hunting in the Kootneys.It was high up in the Monashee.Both pilot and passenger survived.the pilot was allready out when we got there with nothing more than a torn ear.When my bro and I arrived there were 2 trees on top of it and fuel pouring out of the wings.Once the fuel stopped we cut the trees off and I climbed inside with a hacksaw to cut the seatbase off as the passenger was jammed under the dash,I then used my jackall to force the dash off his knees.My bro and I then pulled him out [he was a big guy] and put him in another hunters camperized van .I then commandeered the van and drove quickly down the mountain too waiting paramedics.He arrived in grandforks hospital in critical con.Was airlifted too VGH where he surrived.Met him a year later for a reunion.Was good to find them as it was well below freezing at that time of year

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best thing we ever found was a 9 year old girl and her dog that had been lost for two days in the Ram River Falls area. This was quite a few years back. She wandered away from camp and lost her way. She ended up stumbling across an old abandoned trappers cabin in Lynx Creek and held up there till she was found.

Gforce have you posted a thread for the camera? Maybe it was an S&Mer that lost the camera :(

I bet that was the greatest feeling in the world !!!

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to post about trivial things when the $100 for cancer, plane crash survivors, etc. are listed here.

I've found some loot, cash, tools, binoculars, etc, but the only thing I ever felt really good about was finding the way off the mountain when our guide got us lost. It was probably my first trip to the area and the guy leading was "absolutely positive" about where he was going. My GPS had a different opinion, so I took it to a vote. Since two machines had already been damaged that day, the group opted to follow the GPS and hurray, we were home. It would have been a cold night in the high alpine if we followed the guide any further. Needless to say, I don't follow anyone anymore.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best thing I ever found while sleddin' was a whole new group of great friends. Join a club and participate people, you won't regret it.:d:d:d

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I bet that was the greatest feeling in the world !!!

It was a HUGE group effort, about 50 volunteers that combed the bushes for two days she was actually found in the cabin by one of my friends. She had found a packet of dry onion soup mix to hold her over. She was so scared that she wouldn't even come out of the cabin when she heard riders coming in. The cabin was something like 8 kms deep in the woods from where she went missing. The parents were some happy let me tell you.

Top Bottom