What is it?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although I like the boobs guess I'm going along with GPS tracker.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dog looking for a place to chit, with tracker on

That’s bang on lol, we dog sat a jack russell terrier for a year and a half while his owner was working in Australia, that dog did that same pattern every evening when I took him out for his business lol , the energy that dog had was astonishing

Outdoors

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two people came into a area,one went all over the place,the other went straight through,then followed the other.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think thats the highway that goes through Slamon Arm, the yellow line that curves underneath....but if thats true what the heck was someone GPS all over the open road ????

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two people came into a area,one went all over the place,the other went straight through,then followed the other.

You may be onto something with 2 people, explains the 2 tracks on either end. I bet one sledder from AB and one from BC met in a meadow, had a huge fisticuffs and then parted ways to go home for dinner.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A major stuck...
Winner, winner...........

I had lots of laughs and there was lots of creativity. A Tim's gift card goes out to the winner. I am the real winner because I get to meet another person (and a sledder) from Salmon Arm.

So the story goes like this; it was one of those late afternoon decisions to try this area. Went up a half steep hill and I looked back to make sure my wife made it okay. Not to worry as she did great once again. I went forward and got a little lazy/complacent and instead of paying attention to where I was going between a couple of trees, I all of a sudden start to slide into a tree well of a huge balsam fir. The left ski sunk in the soft snow of the tree well into that beautiful vertical position and rested right against the huge ice crust. No damage, lots of sawing (tree branches and ice), lots of shovelling, and we finally made it a couple hours later. That little shovel and back pack in picture #2 gives a good visual as to how deep we were. Good thing we are in the shape we are in and had some tricks to use, otherwise, we may have been there for a lot longer.

The purple tracks are from the Gaia app on my phone going back and forth and around and around the sled. I have had few experiences with tree wells over the years but that is the first time I have ever been in a tree well with that much ice in it. As to the comments about two riders, there is only one of us making a recorded track. I led into the hole and made the straight line going out of the hole. The fog/clouds had moved in by this time and we decided we were not dropping into what was below us so we turned around and very cautiously, went by the big hole and down into familiar terrain. I did say a prayer that we would both get past the hole. A great sunset on the way down!

E1AFABAD-33E6-4014-A634-E95580A64A5E.JPG FEA0E393-A5E5-47A9-BDBB-4760E69340E9.JPG IMG_7195.jpg IMG_7198.jpg

Top Bottom