What is a good indicator if the reeds are shot!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i have always used the husky 94 octane 10% ethanol fuel in my sleds, bikes, quads, go kart and have they never ran like crap

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lyle,when my reeds went it would run on one side has 2 buggered up.If you look under the hood by the ECU you should see a note on the airbox someplace on the side and it'll show you what to disconnect..All mine is,is a black wire that plugs into one another.

Yes this is the plug I am talking about. The KK may not have a lable on the air box . It is between the ECU and the airbox - a single black wire with a male / female connector with clear sheath covering the ends.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lyle,when my reeds went it would run on one side has 2 buggered up.If you look under the hood by the ECU you should see a note on the airbox someplace on the side and it'll show you what to disconnect..All mine is,is a black wire that plugs into one another.

I will find it,I have made a few changes to my airbox and there isnt a label but with your guys instructions it should be easy to find,I remember the dealer mentioning if I burn regular fuel to unplug it and he showed it to me but that was 4 years ago!
Thx catmando!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to run premium with no mods? It says regular 87 in the manual, but my cousins say to run premium. Just picking up my 09 M8 this weekend.

If its stock, run 87 octane in all arctic cats. If you go to 91 octane, it will make your sled run not as good... Tell your cousin to run 87 too, he's just spending more money and losing performance.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have always used the husky 94 octane 10% ethanol fuel in my sleds, bikes, quads, go kart and have they never ran like crap

Then your VERY lucky this far, and its possible your close to some sort of motor failure. You should try fuel from perto after a day of using husky, you can feel the power, why run a fuel that is making less power anyways ? are you trying to promote husky fuel ? if the book says don't run it why are you, do you think the engineers that designed your sled don't know what they are talking about ? But hey if your set on it, thats fine !!! you can run whatever u want because you own it ;)

Worst thing in the world to run ethanol mixed fuel in is 4 stroke dirt bikes.... only made this mistake once. Ran hotter than a firecracker and no power. I use 50/50 premium and C12 in my Yami 400 & 450 now, motorsport 98 is also a great fuel for 4 stroke dirt bikes. Crotch rockets also like to explode on bad gas / ethanol mixed fuel.

BUT !!!! im not preaching this is just My Opinion !

Top Bottom