What happened to the SnowPulse group buy THREAD

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
I am curious, where is it you get your information from? or are you speculating that this distributor read about this group buy on this site, and this is why the sale was cut off.

TabNeil,

I am not looking for trouble. I read a thread earlier that offered the packs at a discount via a Edmonton area local distributor. That thread was removed after the MAFIA distributor found out that the bags where being offered to a mass group at a discount price perhaps.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of the gentlemen of the fernie avy did have packs..... they removed them to get there shovels and probes out to help there fellow riders and then second avy burried them..... there packs were of no good to them at this point.

Not all avy's are caused by the individuals involved, there are other circumstances like terrain traps in the mountains and many other riders. Some may be innocent bystanders.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoaa there......, Not once did i mention that there prices were accepable, so you don't need to paint me with your " you kind of people " brush.
I did ask the question .... "What do you suggest"?
Furthermore, do you ride in the backcountry? Do you own any of the safety equipment?
The question that we all have to ask ourselves is if we are willing to pay what they are asking for a product that would help us save our lives...
or wait until the system is manufactured cheaper in Canada sometime in the future...
I am assuming a lot of the cost is import duties charged by our wonderful government...
maybe we need to get some engineers together and develop our own system... Its not rocket science.. we all know how they work...

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoaa there......, Not once did i mention that there prices were accepable, so you don't need to paint me with your " you kind of people " brush.
I did ask the question .... "What do you suggest"?
Furthermore, do you ride in the backcountry? Do you own any of the safety equipment?

I did not mean to offend you,was just trying to make a point. And as for your questions...yes and yes...I own a Tracker DTS and a Ortovox 320 probe,and my own modified shovel(stronger).
As for where I go I usually dont need them because I go out on my own for several days.Was thinking about getting the SOS system...

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TabNeil,

I am not looking for trouble. I read a thread earlier that offered the packs at a discount via a Edmonton area local distributor. That thread was removed after the MAFIA distributor found out that the bags where being offered to a mass group at a discount price perhaps.

lol, i understand where you are coming from.... Mafia.....lol

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did not mean to offend you,was just trying to make a point. And as for your questions...yes and yes...I own a Tracker DTS and a Ortovox 320 probe,and my own modified shovel(stronger).
As for where I go I usually dont need them because I go out on my own for several days.Was thinking about getting the SOS system...

Not sure if going out on your own in the backcountry is the best idea..:eek:
you are a better Man than I.:cool:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look at the prices as to where they are manufactured (Europe) and what they retail for over there..... the prices are very similar to ours. So everyone is getting the shaft then.

No worries, none of you gentleman have offended me..... Its a good old debate with some good points.

DeBeers Diamonds and inflatable Packs,.... guilty of both. Gotta pay to Play.

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really think that the latest events that have happened to our brothers in Sparwood have all of us a bit on edge.
The one thing that has happened because of this tragedy is that we are talking about the dangers.We might not agree with each other but we are talking and thats important.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really think that the latest events that have happened to our brothers in Sparwood have all of us a bit on edge.
The one thing that has happened because of this tragedy is that we are talking about the dangers.We might not agree with each other but we are talking and thats important.
Its unfortunate that people need to loose their lives to get us to wake up and start talking about AV awareness...

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
sorry but i would pay whatever the price was to give me that much more of a chance, nothing in life is guaranteed get used to it, these bags are proven and will save lives ABS, Snowpulse it doesn't really matter what brand as long as it gives you more chances of survival and IMO they both do and are worth the $$$$$$

That is excellent. I agree with you.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to clear the air for everyone. Bob @ E&S is a new supplier of this product and was unaware of the pricing agreement policy when I approached him with the group buy. He has asked me to apologize to everyone as all he was trying to do was help us out and give us a break on the pricing.
On that note if your looking for a pac then I would recomend supporting the guy or dealership that was willing to help us out. If your looking for a bag and if he can get the stock he said that he would do the nest price that he can with in the agreement. I would definately give him and tell him that your from snow and mud.
Also on another note they are in the process of becoming a supporting vendor of this site.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Sorry guys and gals, I pulled the thread before it caused any issues between suppliers, dealers, members of snowandmud and the general public. Group buys are good but a supplier must be involved or notified. We have run into a issue in the past on group buys, a supplier must be involved in a group buy. With the site growth this info is all available on search engines right away and it doesn't take long for them to be involved.:d

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if the price of these things would drop to 500-600 they would sell a ton of 'em. Everyone quotes the cliche "what's your life worth"? Well more than $1000 but I can also stay out of avy terrain for free. If you ever have to pull the cord it means you've already messed up big time. Remember 1 in 4 get killed from the motion of the avalanche itself, not burial.

Last edited:

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if the price of these things would drop to 500-600 they would sell a ton of 'em. Everyone quotes the cliche "what's your life worth"? Well more than $1000 but I can also stay out of avy terrain for free. If you ever have to pull the cord it means you've already messed up big time. Remember 1 in 4 get killed from the motion of the avalanche itself, nor burial.
People who can afford the cost will spend the money. People like myself will have to wait until the price drops and becomes more reasonable, because food and shelter for my family is more important. I too intend to do my very best to stay away from any situation that may get me into trouble until I can afford the pack. I have a family that relies on me and I don't want to put them through the emotions of loosing me. Knock on wood I could get hit by a bus tomorrow..

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say we all scoot down to Walmart do a group buy on some back packs, from there we motor on down to the local "pick a part" and get a group buy on some airbags...preferably from a Volvo(good ratings) then it's off the these Vietnamese people I know the stitch it all together and badda bing, budda boom...we've got our very own avalanche life saving devices.:eek:

Who's in?:d

avalanchesafety

Reaction score
Website
www.avalanchesafety.ca
Hey Guys,

There are no packs to sell, Snowpulse's are sold out for the season so such a group buy could not exist and thus no point in a group purchase thread. If you can find them at your local store go for it otherwise you will have to wait until next year.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say we all scoot down to Walmart do a group buy on some back packs, from there we motor on down to the local "pick a part" and get a group buy on some airbags...preferably from a Volvo(good ratings) then it's off the these Vietnamese people I know the stitch it all together and badda bing, budda boom...we've got our very own avalanche life saving devices.:eek:

Who's in?:d

thank you for that post. wether or not theres any ability to this is completly irrelevant...i had a good chuckel at your ability to see outside the box...again great post...lol :d

Top Bottom