What happened at snowest

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering wat pi$$Ed off so many from snowest? I never been a member there cuz it looks lame but now a lot of people are converting to s and m yay!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering wat pi$$Ed off so many from snowest? I never been a member there cuz it looks lame but now a lot of people are converting to s and m yay!

they are charging peeps for membership....

plus this place is wayyyy better:beer:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sw is gay and this place is way better!

bearclaw

Reaction score
funny nobodies holding a gun to there heads to pay! seems simple to understand, they wanted to clear the jackazz's out. best decision they ever made.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The same thing can happen at any site. It takes money to operate and snowest wanted to recover the gap between advertsing revenue and operating cost. Simple business math.

Red Mtn Riders

Reaction score
funny nobodies holding a gun to there heads to pay! seems simple to understand, they wanted to clear the jackazz's out. best decision they ever made.

Uhhhhh...pretty sure they failed at that. They did however manage to chase out most of the quality contributors.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Then get back over there and leave us jackazz's be........

Red Mtn Riders

Reaction score
The same thing can happen at any site. It takes money to operate and snowest wanted to recover the gap between advertsing revenue and operating cost. Simple business math.

This is a ways from the truth, if it was that simple, people wouldn't have bailed in a wholesale fashion. For anyone who has really looked into the situation, there is plenty of testimony to suggest that the current advertisers were bringing in plenty to cover the cost and then some.

Coxy

Reaction score

So... the people who contributed to the site for years that feel its not appropriate to pay to help others, and to benifit from other members doing the same are jackazz's? Theres far more to peoples decisions then just that obviously, but to each their own. Hopefully for your sake, at least a few of the contributing members decide to stick around the site.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well thanks for enlightening me!:rolleyes: sorry didnt see the other thread on here about this stuff. nothing else need be said :cool:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole pay thing probably could have been handled better. They never had a vendor policy, anyone could post whatever they wanted to sell including shops. This should have been the first option IMO. There is way more quality tech info on that site, mostly due to it being around so long and being the first dedicated mountain forum.

Trinity Taz

Reaction score
All one has to do to understand snowest's greed is to do simple math:

As of last November there was about 65 advertisers, all paying between 250-1000 month for their ads.
Ads run between 6-8 months.
= approximately $200,000 +

Their "legitimate cause" for going paysite was to purchase $30,000 worth of servers.

You do the math before saying anything stupid like "they are only trying to weed out the jackazzes".
Wake up and STOP FUNDING THE MORMON CHURCH!

tech a

Reaction score
I think a lot of it had to do with the censoring of posts as well,
the pay for play just kind of topped it off...It's too bad, I met
a lot of good people through SW, learned a lot, bought some stuff,
etc...There are still a lot of good guys there, a lot like me are kind
of waiting to see....I know so far a lot of the good technical tips
are not showing up and there is definately not the amount of use as
in the past....
I'll keep watching and see where all my bud's end up and go there...
:beer:

Top Bottom