what fuel?

aggraa

Reaction score
i have just got a new to me 07 800 rev summit standard/no upgrades where i live the choices of fuel are 95 ,98,99 and 100 octane? i ride between 1000m-3000m. which is the best /most reliable fuel to use...95 is available in my village i have to drive 10km to get the other fuel, i only put 98+ in my subaru wrx..expensive but definately a difference in peformance
i would regard myself as a fitter rather than a mechanic so messing with jetting etc ...no thanks!

any help advice appreciated...want to go ride this weekend and stash fuel up the mountain for those days when ya just dont want to run out of gas/come down early.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it should say on your gas cap and in your owners manual. Mine says 91 octane. Our gas stations here have 87, 89 and 91 usually and nothing higher than that. So maybe there is a difference in the way octane is measured in North America? But I think that the 95 would be more than what you need for a stocker.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our octane ratings in canada are different,, run the 98+

Anti-Knock Index (AKI)In most countries, including Australia and all of those in Europe, the "headline" octane rating shown on the pump is the RON, but in Canada, the United States and some other countries, like Brazil, the headline number is the average of the RON and the MON, called the Anti-Knock Index (AKI, and often written on pumps as (R+M)/2). It may also sometimes be called the Pump Octane Number (PON).
[h=3][] Difference between RON and AKI[/h]Because of the 8 to 10 point difference noted above, the octane rating shown in Canada and the United States is 4 to 5 points lower than the rating shown elsewhere in the world for the same fuel. See the table in the following section for a comparison.

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats sums it up. Must be a different rating but look at the electrode on the plugs when you run and ride whatever fuel you try. Watch there isnt a white ring around the electrode. Thats a sign of detonation and thats a bad thing. Even the lowest octane should not hurt a stock engine.

aggraa

Reaction score
thanks for the replies, over here 95 is the normal pump fuel, all the others are labelled "sport" , "racing" , just kind of worried because of the known problems with the 07 engine,
i will do some investigation on the refinery website... lukoil a russian company.

Top Bottom