What does everyone do for a career?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Awesome job, running a coffee makers....Awesome.

HEYYYYY, EASY, THATS ALL I DOO TOO.......... I RUN THE "BUNN POUR-OMATIC" COFFEE MACHINE, AND THATS IT. CAN'T U TELL? I'M NOT COMPUTER LITERATE, SO I HAVE TO BE GOOD AT SUMTHIN', RIGHT??? I DOO MAKE A GREAT BATCH OF COFFEE, RANGING FROM "LITE" TO "HIGH TEST" AND EVERY CUSTOMER COMING THROUGH HERE ALWAYS COMPLAINS, OOPS, I MEAN COMPLIMENTS ME ON IT.............:D

swamp&mud

Reaction score
i'am semi retired but work two part time jobs, one job 3days a week in a large welding shop doing equipment and building repairs, and the other 2 days doing PDI on new trailers at a trailer sales co.

Stifler

Reaction score
Just doing my part feeding the world, I grain farm in SE Sask. We are very busy through the growing season but in the winter we get lots of chances to go sledding. Good local riding and we love coming out to Revy and Fernie.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a journeyman Electrician and an Instrumentation Engineering Technologist. Im also apprenticing for my Instrumentation Ticket. When will the studying end?!:confused:

I work Northwest of Manning for Apache Canada Ltd. at a remote gas plant doing Instrument/Electrical maintenance. Fly in job, work 8 days, off for 6.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a journeyman Electrician and an Instrumentation Engineering Technologist. Im also apprenticing for my Instrumentation Ticket. When will the studying end?!:confused:

I work Northwest of Manning for Apache Canada Ltd. at a remote gas plant doing Instrument/Electrical maintenance. Fly in job, work 8 days, off for 6.

In the Chinchaga area? I'm up in Zama right now for Apache.

Tekim:D

swamp&mud

Reaction score
Iám semi retired, but i work 3-10hr shifts as a small equipment and building maintenance personal, and also 2 days a week do PDI's on new trailers at a trailer sales lot. I like to get out quading as often as possible, and take the first two of oct off to set up an outfitter type camp to do a bit of riding and a little bit of hunting an all around good time.

crewcabguy

Reaction score
I am the Pipeline Inspector for Keyera Energy, based out of Edmonton, The Rimbey, and Ft Saskatchewan pipeline keep me busy enough,

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you bet. Hamburg Gas Plant for me. What do you do up there?

Environmental Consultant, working on Berm Repairs for now. Do a little pipeline scouting sometimes, and potentially working on a flarestack project a little later on.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my wife have started a Oilfield rentals company, 400 bbl water tanks, Rig matting, wild fire kits that kind of stuff. If anyone needs any Rig rental equipment, any business our way would be greatly appreciated. Corso Oilfield Rentals 403 318 8086. or corsooilfieldrentals@telus.net
Thanks from Overkill 19

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Environmental Consultant, working on Berm Repairs for now. Do a little pipeline scouting sometimes, and potentially working on a flarestack project a little later on.

right on. You working the 2 in 2 out or 1 in 1 out?

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right on. You working the 2 in 2 out or 1 in 1 out?

Uhh... no, more like 5 in 1 out (then my boss sends me to work for other companies). When the weathers good, we try to get done as much as we can. I was out of here last week when it was wet, but got to go to Noman Wells for a few days. It's ok though, I'm hoping that this should allow me to have some time off in the winter to go to the hills!:D

Have they got an Apache camp set up back there, or do you commute from Manning?

tekim

ACDC

Reaction score
Hey there I'm a Inventory Control Personel for a Laser Company & my Husband runs his own Portable Welding truck.
ACDC

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uhh... no, more like 5 in 1 out (then my boss sends me to work for other companies). When the weathers good, we try to get done as much as we can. I was out of here last week when it was wet, but got to go to Noman Wells for a few days. It's ok though, I'm hoping that this should allow me to have some time off in the winter to go to the hills!:D

Have they got an Apache camp set up back there, or do you commute from Manning?

tekim

We have a great camp, only a few years old and its very nice. Nice and quiet too as theres not very many of us in it. I really enjoy the camp life. I work 8 and 6.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Journeyman Instrumentation tech
do not want to say where I were cause cause big bird might realize I am on here and not working

cuzican

Reaction score
I currently work in a sawmill that manufactures plywood. I operate a Lathe that will turn a 32 inch diameter, 101 inch long log down to a 3 inch core in about 20 seconds. I get paid pretty well to sit on my butt and push buttons.
I am however pursuing a career as a firefighter/emt.

JohnAB

Reaction score
I am a senior forester with the Gov't of Alberta. Pay is alright and hours are good. Great career as I have done and seen lots in it from fighting forest fires to watching a wolf pack take down a moose on the Atahabasca River south of Fort Mac while flying in a helicopter.

Top Bottom