What do you think

rider1

Reaction score
So i went and looked at a 1972 chevrolet cheyenne 350 2wd automatic that came from the Texas. The truck is all original including the paint. The body had a couple of small dings and no rust. When started checking things out the a/c, radio, windshield washer pump, none of this stuffed worked. The seat on the drivers side was torn.Wheels still had the factory hub caps with white walls. To make a long story short he wanted 19000.00. Do you think a truck like this is worth it? When i talked to him he tells me the reason it is so expensive is because of the originality and the history of the truck. e.g. bill of sale, maintenance records.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way too much money. It's a 67-72 truck to start with.... You would probably be lucky to get that kind of money out of one that has been restored, let alone a clunker that needs it all. I mean long wheel or short wheel plays a part with the value but still.

Some guys are nuts. Keep looking.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i went and looked at a 1972 chevrolet cheyenne 350 2wd automatic that came from the Texas. The truck is all original including the paint. The body had a couple of small dings and no rust. When started checking things out the a/c, radio, windshield washer pump, none of this stuffed worked. The seat on the drivers side was torn.Wheels still had the factory hub caps with white walls. To make a long story short he wanted 19000.00. Do you think a truck like this is worth it? When i talked to him he tells me the reason it is so expensive is because of the originality and the history of the truck. e.g. bill of sale, maintenance records.
only if it's a shortbox fleetside.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked into a 1970 Chevelle being advertised at $23K that said in the ad it was a "roller". Talking to the owner it was a 56000 mile original Texas 350/turbo 350 car that still ran and drove. He however had completely restored the body and interior of the car making it an SS in the process. Had bills for everything on the car..... and if it wasn't perfect it was replaced. The only non working feature of the car was the a/c..... It ran and drove fine but he saw no value to the powertrain and advertised it hoping someone wanting to do an LS or big block swap would grab it.

I passed on the car ( looked gorgeous though... perfect gaps and paint..... you name it). I think the last I saw he had it for sale at $18 or $19K.

You won't get your money from a 67-72 truck.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had to look twice. I think there is an extra 0 in his price:crazy::shocked:

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are still a ton of 67-72 long box trucks out there. Keep looking, you could find a nice short box for less money than that.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my brother-in-law sold his '72 last year for $9,200.00 and it was in great shape. He tried selling it for a couple years and finally after dropping the price below $10 grand he was able to sell it. He put a 327 in it which was completely rebuilt and very low miles on it.

Top Bottom