What do you put in YOUR survival kit?!?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys throw in everything except a gps and satphone. Curious considering you could spend two night in the mountains but you have nothing to get you out.
I also have a megellen GPS, with extra batteries, but batteries die, electronics can fail, hence the backup compass. While I don't carry a sat phone due to cost and bulk, I do carry airial flares (12) and the gun to fire them, also on my person. A question for you kill shot: Do you carry a sat phone? I don't ride alone, and I call someone as soon as I'm off the hill. If they don't hear from me by 11:00, they would alert the authorities as to where I was riding, make and model of vehicle, etc.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on where I'm riding. Alpine or avy areas, all my survival essentials are in my pack. In tamer areas everything is my sled pack except for fire starter and a lighter.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! Safety first, but how do you guys even move with all that gear. I can't even imagine boondocking in the trees with a Honda Civic strapped to my back.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a Bivvy sack?
it is a gore tex condom for your sleeping bag but is bomber for getting out of the elements in emergencies or to drag someone to safety. Folds up small for transport or what I did was put mine in the food saver to shrink it super small and keep it dry. I do that with a few of the things in my pack to keep them dry like a lighter and zip

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really isn't that heavy - my snowpulse avy pack with all the aforementioned stuff only weighs 22 lbs. I'm 42 years old with a previously broken back, and needing shoulder surgery, but I can manage to carry it without issue... I suppose to some it may be too much to carry or bother with, but if I was stuck on a hill overnight, I will survive. Pack would seem really light then lol.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my snowpluse avy pack i carry the essentials, plus my sat phone and my spot which is strapped to my arm for easy access.... riding buddies say my pack weights to much, but i donot even notice it, but i know i can survive a couple nights if i had too!! each to their own but all it takes is one time!!!

Top Bottom